Fastest speed on an e.bike.....just for fun

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
This is just for fun and for those kamakaze riders like me.

What is the fastest you have ridden on an e-bike?

I have just managed 52 KPH, and that is 32.31 MPH.

I did try to go faster but my little legs would not do it. Plus I cheated a bit and turned the power off to go down the hill. I have the Tonaro Enduro which has a crank motor and that helped as well.

So how fast can you go???;)

Steve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We have an informal 50 mph (80 kph) club for those who've exceeded that downhill. I haven't quite reached that, 47 mph (75 kph) is my maximum so far.

50+ club

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I'm just behind Flecc on 46.6 mph.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Only 40mph for me and I won't be trying to beat it anytime soon! ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here's the stats for member Tiberius (Nick) in the Ching Challenge ride up to 100 mile ride, top speed 49.2 mph:

Nick Long, eZee Torq Mk2.x
89.7 miles
47.1 Ah
20.0 Wh/mile
16.8 mph average
49.2 mph max

Nick and a couple of others have since exceeded 50 mph by around a couple of mph.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Clocked 43.7mph freewheeling downhill a couple of miles from Tighnagbruaich last week. Scary but exhilarating!
I've tried to attach a picture of the beautiful views from the hilltop but not sure how to add pictures.

Last edited:

Pedal Anton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2011
Bærums Verk, Norway
Frewheeling downhill today at 48 MPH (77,2 KPH). On the new Kalkhoff LCD-panel. Total 28,5 MILES (46 KM) on gravel road in a very hilly terrain.

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Well I am not going to get near the top of the leaderboard with my Enduro because it is a mountainbike.

I may have to cheat a bit more and get a motor on my Bacchetta Giro 26 recumbent.

It is good to see that there are more reckless people in here.

Steve

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

Our new kit with a high speed wound motor will do 35 mph on the flat no pedaling with a 12 stone rider in De redistricted Mode so our customers tell me

In Normal restricted mode for UK road use 15 MPH

with standard windings Restricted 15 MPH but will climb a mountain NO pedaling

Frank

NeilP

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2010
Looks like I am in the club, on both my e-bike and my road bike.

can't prove it with pics though, Did not take any of Max speed on the CA and have since put a 40 amp controller on the bike, as I cooked the MOSFETS on the 65 amp controller

I got 50.2 mph with pedalling (53 / 11 chain rings)
84 volt 20 Ah LiPo
Crystalyte 5304 in 26 inch

This was on the flat with tailwind

I used to regularly get 30 mph on the same straight on my carbon road race bike ( Trek Madonne 4.7) and have had 50 on it downhill regularly and this is a non e-powered bike

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
43.6 mph for me but now i have the 18a battery i plan to find a safe bit of road to join the exclusive 50 mph club...watch this space.....

peasjam

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
All the nutters are coming out of the woodwork I see :D

A *measly* 32mph for me, though this was reasonably flat and with a bigger chain ring at the front I reckon I can get a few mph more.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
All the nutters are coming out of the woodwork I see :D

A *measly* 32mph for me, though this was reasonably flat and with a bigger chain ring at the front I reckon I can get a few mph more.
its not really nutty....i regularly get over 35mph without trying,its just a matter of doing it in the safest place possible..ie nice smooth road and very little traffic although it would be nice to have a few people around to pick up the pieces if it goes wrong !!!. A thorough check of your bike is also higly recommended.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I get about 40-45mph most days on my commute, I need to taker the panniers off one day and see if I can squeeze a few more mph out of it.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
There isn't anywhere for me reach those sort of speeds - I can reach abou 28mph on the embankment under my own power - it is flat. I have the B.iCycle app on my iPhone and that proves I have reached a top speed of 127.2 mph if that counts (and that was on embankement too).

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
http://[/IMG]

Clocked 43.7mph freewheeling downhill a couple of miles from Tighnagbruaich last week. Scary but exhilarating!
I've tried to attach a picture of the beautiful views from the hilltop but not sure how to add pictures.
Sorry for posting again. still trying to add picture. :confused: Think I've got the hang of it now though I'll need to work out how to reduce the size. :eek:

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry for posting again. still trying to add picture. :confused: Think I've got the hang of it now though I'll need to work out how to reduce the size. :eek:
You have to resize before posting. There are a lot of free utilities (eg here) that can do this. I use Irfanview which has lots of other features.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Downhill works wonders! Yesterday the computer in my heavy 1600 cc petrol car informed me I was getting 96.7 mpg. If only that was true.

In fact I'd just zeroed the readout and was flying down a long hill with no accelerator applied.