Error 74 code? on Haibike Trek 4 low

Middlewife

Pedelecer
May 28, 2024
Well after only 40 miles (and a week off on holiday) I went to ride this evening and got nowhere! Pushed bike out of the garage then turned on, immediately got flashing display Error 74. Tried to ride it but obvious the motor wasn't on as almost impossible to get up an incline (I'm not that fit1) after about 1 minute of pedalling the display went blank. Got home, checked charge and 3/4 charged so did my usual switch it off, go away come back and try again - same outcome. Have managed to download a generic Yamaha manual from Winora, but of course, it doesn't give any helpful information, only instructs you to take the bike to the dealer - which I will do, but just wondered if anyone knows what error 74 is and what could have caused it? Not impressed as it's a brand new bike and as they've shortened the handlebars, can't be exchanged :(

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Error 74 isn't listed in the only LCD manual I can find. 70 and 71 are to do with data, so it's probably something to do with data too. I think it's going to have to go back to the dealer. That's the difference between one of those and a £400 Hitway.

Please let us know what they find.

Middlewife

Pedelecer
May 28, 2024
Thanks, will take it back Thursday morning, gonna be fun hefting it into the boot!! Dealer is 15 miles away so no way I could push it there!

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
Loose battery connection? I had it on a hard seven, The battery was not seated correctly. Maybe the same on yours.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Well after only 40 miles (and a week off on holiday) I went to ride this evening and got nowhere! Pushed bike out of the garage then turned on, immediately got flashing display Error 74. Tried to ride it but obvious the motor wasn't on as almost impossible to get up an incline (I'm not that fit1) after about 1 minute of pedalling the display went blank. Got home, checked charge and 3/4 charged so did my usual switch it off, go away come back and try again - same outcome. Have managed to download a generic Yamaha manual from Winora, but of course, it doesn't give any helpful information, only instructs you to take the bike to the dealer - which I will do, but just wondered if anyone knows what error 74 is and what could have caused it? Not impressed as it's a brand new bike and as they've shortened the handlebars, can't be exchanged :(
You may have had a foot on the pedal, or a pedal in contact with something when you switched on. This prevents the torque sensor being calibrated during the motor startup.

My Shimano does the same thing, leads to a W006 error.

Turn off, dismount, check pedals not touching anything, turn on, wait a few seconds, all should be well.

Middlewife

Pedelecer
May 28, 2024
Thanks, dealer picked it up today, unfortunately it's a battery failure so waiting for Haibike to approve warranty claim for a new battery, they initially thought it was something with a loose connection, but when they ran diagnostics it advised battery replacement required, so just need to wait it out.

• Agree
Reactions: flash

Middlewife

Pedelecer
May 28, 2024
Got Helga (bike) back today. They got the OK from Haibike to order new battery so swapped it out and delivered it back this afternoon. Did a quick 2 miles this evening, just in case, but all seems well so hopefully that's it.

Reactions: flash