Help! emtb frame size for 176 cm person

Beyonder

Just Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Hello, I'm considering buying a new e-bike, but I'm having trouble deciding on the frame size. Based on the size charts, I'm right between M and L (I'm 176 cm with a balanced body ratio). I'm currently looking at the REACTION HYBRID RACE 2023 (M size frame) and the CUBE REACTION PRO 2023 (also M size, as there's no L available). For reference, I currently ride a REACTION HYBRID PERFORMANCE 2021 with an L-size frame, which feels alright. However, I noticed something odd: my current bike has a 418mm reach (according to website) , but the new Cube models list a 444mm reach for the M size on their website. This doesn't quite make sense to me. Am I missing something? I'm curious about the pros and cons of choosing an M frame over an L for an eMTB at my size. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
P.S. I'm also planning to use it for long-distance road tours, so I'm wondering which frame size would be more comfortable for my body after many hours of riding

Last edited:

Beyonder

Just Joined
Sep 27, 2024
This one?

Nice bike. Why did you decide to buy a new one if you don't mind me asking?
Yes, that's what I have. Since I found a buyer who offered me a good price, I decided to sell it and buy a better, more powerful bike