Eleglide T1 step-through

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
What to say? It's a fairly standard Chinese ebike with fairly standard parts. It's fairly heavy by modern standards at 26kg.

Such bikes are relatively easy to fix when they go wrong. All the cycle parts are standard catalogue parts, but the electrical parts might be OEM only. The display is standard, but might have a special version software. The controller is probably Ananda, which is OEM. The motor is Ananda, which is OEM, but could be replaced by any motor. If you know what you're doing, any of the parts can be replaced with cheap off the shelf parts with a bit of jiggery pokery, but if you don't know about these things, I'd ask the question about who's going to fix it when it goes wrong.

For the price, do you need to worry about things going wrong? It's guaranteed for a year as long as you can figure out how to get it back to the supplier.

Reactions: Biddy

Biddy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 1, 2024
Yes, but selling out fast.
Every bike has it's faults it seems. The reviews seems pretty good, but who/what do you believe?.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I saw one chained to a bike-rack in town last week. It's been discussed here before so I had a closer look. I thought it looked pretty respectable for a sub-£1000 e-bike. As already mentioned though, you need to consider what you do if/when it goes wrong. I don't know anything about how Eleglide support their customers, so I'd likely opt for the Fiido C11 as PB suggests above.

I have a different Fiido bike, and whilst the bikes themselves are stocked and shipped from within the UK, they only offer "arms-length" parts and support from overseas with just a handful of UK shops to physically repair... but it works pretty well in my experience.

That's the issue when you buy from these Far Eastern suppliers directly: It's that lack of local hands-on repair and support that may be an issue, but does mean they can offer low prices/good value.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I saw one chained to a bike-rack in town last week. It's been discussed here before so I had a closer look. I thought it looked pretty respectable for a sub-£1000 e-bike. As already mentioned though, you need to consider what you do if/when it goes wrong. I don't know anything about how Eleglide support their customers, so I'd likely opt for the Fiido C11 as PB suggests above.

I have a different Fiido bike, and whilst the bikes themselves are stocked and shipped from within the UK, they only offer "arms-length" parts and support from overseas with just a handful of UK shops to physically repair... but it works pretty well in my experience.

That's the issue when you buy from these Far Eastern suppliers directly: It's that lack of local hands-on repair and support that may be an issue, but does mean they can offer low prices/good value.
From what I could tell the Fiido had a more powerful controller/motor and bigger battery and was lighter

Last edited:

Biddy

May 1, 2024
With regard to maintenance and repairs?.
Just watched a Fiido C11 video review, 500w battery but no pedal assist, like the look of it though.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Halfords after warranty service is not that good really according to some comments.

Just watched a Fiido C11 video review, 500w battery but no pedal assist, like the look of it though.
500Wh you mean? If there is no pedal assist then either something is wrong, or battery is empty.

What is your budget and what do you look for?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you shortlist one of their bikes, run it by us first. Some of them seem to have a lot of problems.

What it comes down to is the cheap Chinese bikes are pretty good and easy to fix as long as you have the capability to fix them. The cycle parts, like gears , brakes, wheels and tyres can be fixed by any bike shop that's willing to do it.

Next, are established brands with a dealer network, like Wisper. They cost quite a lot more, but you get good support for years after, which is what you pay for, and you need a dealer not too far from where you live.

Next, are fairly cheap bikes from chain stores, like Go Outdoors, Halfords and Decathlon. You can take the bike back to the shop you bought it from, but their knowledge and ability to get spares for your model is often lacking.

Finally, there are the typical bikes you get in a local electric bike shop that normally cost over £1500. Bosch and Yamaha systems are very good, but you can get problems when it comes to fixing some of the others, so do your research. Servicing and spare parts will be relatively expensive, with a decent MTB used for off-road picking up bills of over £1000, though a commuter bike is more likely to be a couple of hundred. The more expensive the bike, the more expensive the parts are to service it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Eventually you can convert bike you like or pay for conversion and get best value for money. I am just finishing step through conversion for my wife. Total cost around £850

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
It has a bottom bracket torque sensor - same as the Eleglide -

ETA getting contradictory info - from their site says cadence sensor

(doesn't really matter that much)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
If you shortlist one of their bikes, run it by us first. Some of them seem to have a lot of problems.

What it comes down to is the cheap Chinese bikes are pretty good and easy to fix as long as you have the capability to fix them. the cycle parts, like gears , brakes, wheels and tyres can be fixed by any bike shop that's willing to do it.

Next, are established brands with a dealer network, like Wisper. They cost quite a lot more, but you get good support for years after, which is what you pay for, and you need a dealer not yo far from where you live.

Next, are fairly cheap bikes from chain stores, like Go Outdoors, Halfords and Decathlon. You can take the bike back to the shop you bought it from, but their knowledge and ability to get spares for your model is often lacking.

Finally, there are the typical bikes you get in a local electric bike shop that normally cost over £1500. Bosch and Yamaha systems are very good, but you can get problems when it comes to fixing some of the others, so do your research. Serviing and spare parts will be relatively expensive with a decent MTB used for off-road picking up bills of over £1000, though a commuter bike is more likely to be a couple of hundred. The more expensive the bike, the more expensive the parts are to service it.
Thanks for your kind comments. It’s my belief that anyone can buy and sell Ebikes cheap. The expensive bit is after sales service, which like Woosh we take very seriously.

A heads up we are giving 15% off Wayfarers over the weekend and if you twist my arm I’ll make that 20%!

All the best, David

Biddy

May 1, 2024
Thought it odd that I couldn't find out who owns Eleglide bikes, finally someone gave me the info, same thing with Fiido and Engwe and probably many more, produced by technology companies in China.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Thought it odd that I couldn't find out who owns Eleglide bikes, finally someone gave me the info, same thing with Fiido and Engwe and probably many more, produced by technology companies in China.
Yes, they are Chinese.
Also poor warranty:

You get what you pay for.

Biddy

May 1, 2024
Hopefully this is a stepping stone to me being able to use an ordinary bike again, if I can regain the muscles to not need the assistance of an electric bike and get my freedom back.
Thank you for all the advice.

Reactions: Tubbs and Az.