Ebiking lets me..

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Keep fit, have a laugh, and meet happy people. They're a good ice breaker. Love them or hate them, people always have questions to ask about them. Especially when you bump into someone else riding one. :)

Maybe you just like the electronics, the brexit thread, or simply getting out there into the fresh air. What are your favorite reasons for having one?

Reactions: Sarabee

Angelnorth

Pedelecer
May 13, 2016
Hexham, Northumberland
What are your favorite reasons for having one?
I got mine to (hopefully) improve fitness level and keep muscle mass in legs that can't walk too far. Being out in the fresh air and greeting other cyclists (not seen any assisted ones yet but give it time) is nice. Unexpected bonus I've only just thought of is that I've been happily cycling along some local roads that always induce travel sickness if I drive along them!

Ruadh495

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
E-biking lets me... Commute 25 miles a day. I know hardened cyclists will tell you don't need an e-bike for that, you just need to get bike fit, but how do you do that? You could do shorter rides at weekends and build up. I don't have time for that. With the e-bike I could do the whole thing straight off and reduce the assist as I got stronger.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Let's me escape from the Mrs under the pretext of keeping fit.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I can't afford a car.

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
....pretend I'm still fit :)

I love being able to jump on a bike and simply ride, not worrying about whether i'll show myself up 'huffing and puffing'. It's my way of building fitness whilst getting out and about in the glorious countryside that Norfolk has to offer.

Has also brought me to this forum and I'm enjoying the interaction with this community.. also love watching your (LP's) vids :)

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Has also brought me to this forum and I'm enjoying the interaction with this community.. also love watching your (LP's) vids :)
Aah! Why thank you missy. :)

I'd never even considered having a female fan following. Still, there's a first time for everything. :D

PS. I've seen 'Fatal attraction'. You're not a stalker are you? :eek:

PPS. I'm just kidding of course. I'm glad that someone enjoys them. Thanks. :)

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
Obviously, when you said 'right' you really did mean 'left' so, as the kids say these days, "it was your bad" :)

Lovely dog.. some sort of german shepherd yes? Very well trained and he clearly loves his runs out with you.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

row

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2015
Out and about on an ebike takes years off us all. They're great at any age. Look at those 'old boys' I bumped into. 4 guys with a combined age of 327 years. Awesome.

Them not knowing which town they were in is irrelevant. :D

Looks like a rogue Hells Angels division

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing