Ebike display

cem1965

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2022
Hi, could anyone please tell me why my display will do nothing but turn on the bike and that is it. Let me explane, the bike will turn on with the display but it won't do anything else. It dosn't tell me what speed i'm doing nor does the pedal assist have any affect, everything is new and it's a self build not a factory built. Everything works as normal like i can use pedal assist and the throttle but it just dosn't do anything on the display apart from turn it on. I have tried to use a different display but it still does the same, very confusing. Can anyone shed any light on this situation. Any help is greatly appresiated thanks.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
The display and controller usually need to be a matched pair to work (communicate) with each other. Was it a complete kit you bought, or were you mixing components from different sources?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I saw this yesterday but found no one can give an answer .
No details of the bike or any real facts have been given so how can anyone give a sensible answer.

cem1965

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 24, 2022
It was a new kit, but the strange thing is that everything works as it should but the display doesn't seem to do anything but just turn it on.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What kit ?
You really need to give more info, if you want help !!!

One thing we aren't and that is clairvoyant.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
If you actually want help, do you think it might be helpful to provide information on the details of the conversion kit you bought and the bike you are attempting to fit it to ?