Help! Ebike battery

SirBikesalot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 18, 2022
So i brought a used ebike for my nephew its 24v and the battery that was on it doesnt charge so i was looking on ebay and found a 24v 30AH battery ((24V 30Ah 7S3P)) Battery Electric Scooter E-bike Bicycle Battery Pack the one that come with the bike was 8.8AH not much diffrence in size though so im not sure should i get this battery ?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
So i brought a used ebike for my nephew its 24v and the battery that was on it doesnt charge so i was looking on ebay and found a 24v 30AH battery ((24V 30Ah 7S3P)) Battery Electric Scooter E-bike Bicycle Battery Pack the one that come with the bike was 8.8AH not much diffrence in size though so im not sure should i get this battery ?
It's a scam. A 30ah battery would be the three times the size and weight of the 8.8ah one.

Show us what you have, then we can help you.

If it's this one, it'll be about 7AH and probably recycled cells that won't last until the end of the week.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SirBikesalot

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Thankfully your asking Before clicking Buy, when folk turn up upto £100 poorer thinking they scored a deal
but are having problems it can be harder to break the news.

Any battery making claims such as 2x or 3x the capacity while a similar mass is totally bogus.
You can look up the cells used in most batteries and find out the unit cost per cell to illustrate why any battery carries the price it does.

Only when paying a fair price or more for a new battery can you expect a good result.

Reactions: TXe-CyclingJon

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
7s3p is impossible to have 30ah, one might get 15ah if they use 3 x 5ah 21700 cells in parallel.
It is a scam/false description so be very aware.

The dimensions tell us what we need to know 58mm width , it has three parallel 18650 cells of unknown quality inside. DO NOT BUY.