E10 Error code G51 lcd & X863-AA005 controller

Adsup

Just Joined
May 17, 2020
Gday, My new cheap Chinese T Power 350w ebike hauled me around for 48km and then after its 1st charge (2nd actually, after the initial 1) decided it didn't want to play anymore. E 10 is displayed which possibly could be a communications problem, but it's so difficult to work out with the myriad of manuals and super similar yet different controllers out there. I've checked for obvious wire breaks etc and all connectors. I did find a bizarre scorch mark on a fairly solid battery joiner _ super close ie about 1mm from a small exposed section of the soldered (red) wire but couldn't find anything it might have shorted across. And battery is @51v Anyone able to assist????

Ta Adam

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
E10 say's it is a receiving comm's error, so the fault sounds like it is on the Green /rx line between the controller and LCD. Fault can be either or possibly a wire fault.
Double check again the Green/rx wire connection on the controller/lcd wire connectors, if Julet pin type make sure pins aren't bent/damaged if Sm5/6 type connector make sure the specific Green/rx pin is connecting firmly, give the wire a gentle tug to make sure the pin can't pull out of the connector.

Your usage is low so sounds like a new bike/kit, have you got back to the vendor first to try and rectify the issue. likely hood is that a repair isn't possible and one of three components will need replacing.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most controller to lcd wiring uses a trunk style cable 1T4/1T5 so finding any wire fault is tricky but you can test each pin out for a wire break by using continuity test on each pin out at both ends.
If the lcd is faulty then replace, opening is all but impossible as sealing up again but it can be done. Likely to be a bad solder/loose wire connection or even a burnt diode or resistor.
The controller is easier to open and check the Green/rx wire connection and possibly to trace the track to a diode/resistor, a part from a loose wire repair trying to repair a controller pcb will be futile.

Last edited:

Adsup

Just Joined
May 17, 2020
Thanx so much Neahl. I ordered a 250w model and they sent the 350w upgrade by mistake so don't really have a leg to stand on vendor wise especially as I'm 800km from them. I've already checked wiring but will hv a more focused look at the green. I was checking out new controllers and screens. I can't find a seperate LCD unit but hv found a package w g51 and unknown controller. The g51 operates my light and horn. Not major drama but is pretty cool. What are the pitfalls with changing either out from original? Cheers again. Ads

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most lcds are only compatible with certain controllers, if you are getting another G51 with a no brand controller then they as a new pair are compatible, it is likely they will be compatible with your current G51 set up.
On the other hand not heard of that particular make over here and they might just be a crap brand or from a faulty batch.

Adsup

Just Joined
May 17, 2020
Pretty sure crap brand covers it. It's a $1200au bike w 4inch tyres and disc brakes. So corners cut everywhere for sure. But I paid $900 for the lesser version. Lucky I only want to commute a bit on it - no hardcore riding. Thanx again

Advertisers