Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Last edited:
Reactions: Saracen

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I don't like dogs at all, but what I really really really really really (x1000) hate is dog owners, who apparently love their dogs and assume every one else loves them too.

You know the situation, your out over the park playing games with the kids and some dog comes bounding over to join in the fun and the owner says something like;

"oh dont mind him, he is real friendly, he just want to sniff your crotch with his teeth"

Reactions: portals and Brik

Brik

Pedelecer
May 11, 2023
West Midlands
I was never a 'dog person' but my Daughter brought one into the house around 5 years ago, when the Daughter moved out the dog decided to stay with me.
IMG_20240730_155128.jpg

I don't think she eats batteries.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
I don't like dogs at all, but what I really really really really really (x1000) hate is dog owners, who apparently love their dogs and assume every one else loves them too.

You know the situation, your out over the park playing games with the kids and some dog comes bounding over to join in the fun and the owner says something like;

"oh dont mind him, he is real friendly, he just want to sniff your crotch with his teeth"
Yes - I agree about people like that. I always kept my dog on a lead.

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
The struggle to pay 'ridiculously expensive' vet bills

""At a time when more are being surrendered and abandoned than ever before, it's not ideal but we have little choice if we want to survive.""

"In May, the Office for National Statistics estimated the cost of veterinary and other pet services had increased by around 50% since 2015, much higher than the overall rate of inflation. "

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Being wantonly slobbered all over by huge dogs, is precisely why I stopped slow jogging in parks. A gigantic great dane was the worst - it bounded at me at high speed, stood up against me almost knocking me over, then gobbed all over my face lashing with it's massive floppy wet tongue and bad breath. I feared being eaten. The owner had one of those mega long winding cable leashes, said it was harmless. E.coli isn't. It also gobbed all over my trousers, jacket and crotch. I also feared becoming nutless/Jaffa seedless. Even slow jogging on streets isn't safe - dogs used to go straining at the leash crazy barking at me more often, when I owned cats.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: StuartsProjects

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes - I agree about people like that. I always kept my dog on a lead.

View attachment 59321
One of my neighbours had a cat and a dog, they lived in peace for years... until the dog suddenly lost it and thrashed the cat about in it's jaws. The cat died from it's injuries a few days later.

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
One of my neighbours had a cat and a dog, they lived in peace for years... until the dog suddenly lost it and thrashed the cat about in it's jaws. The cat died from it's injuries a few days later.
That cat has outlived the dog. Nipper was put to sleep about a fortnight ago aged fourteen,The cat is 19 now and looks a little more scraggy than he did in that picture. The cat used to dominate any dog he ever met. He just walked up to them and licked them. For some reason they accepted him as an interesting chap. If ever they showed the wrong sentiments, he soon used his claws to chastise them. I have videos of him grooming Nipper and my partner's Border Terrier (same as Nipper - but I will avoid boring you by posting them.