Delta Mod a motor??

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
while hiding from my battery woes ;) this popped into my youtube feed and i wonder is it what many first time posters in here are searching for??

Ghost1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2024
Just wondering how long that butchery is going to last and also wondering, if it is such a good idea, why the people who designed and built the motor bothered to make the original one anyway - and why the heck they put in heat sensors and the rest that he hacked out of it.....

Not really, I think I know. I think that thing will go up in smoke pretty soon. I remember how dumb I was at sixteen. It makes me suspicious of taking engineering advice from sixteen year olds.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
The opening scene of the vid tells you exactly who its aimed at.. If the claims are true then the give has to be a 50% loss of something probably the torque to get you upto speed in the first place?

Reactions: Ghost1951

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The motor will spin 1.73 times faster if you change its configuration like that. You'll lose efficiency in the lower rpm range, and if any of you have tried using a small high speed motor in an MTB type bike, you'll know that you end up with a wheezy underpowered inefficient motor at normal speed.

Advertisers