Cyclist age

What age group are you in?

• Total voters

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These days I'm working at the University of Warwick and having moaned for the last couple of years about their apparent declaration of war on car use,
How the world has changed! Not too long ago Warwickshire was the centre of car manufacturing in Britain and criticism of anything car related would have been unthinkable. In fact I still think it sad that the university can so easily cast off that famous heritage and history.

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Reading about cycling in Africa here reminded me of a very funny line in Michael Palin's film The Missionary.

When he gets back to the UK after his mission in west Africa he remarks that they hadn't seen a man on a bicycle before - so they named him 'starving horse' :D

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
When he gets back to the UK after his mission in west Africa he remarks that they hadn't seen a man on a bicycle before - so they named him 'starving horse' :D
I like that . . . "starving horse" . . . I give you , the new Raleigh Starving Horse . . yep, that'll work. This marketing lark is easier than I thought.
Regards

Dances With Cleats

Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2011
Stoke on Trent
www.tangit.co.uk
I think its great all these people realising that well, i can get somewhere under my own steam. My friends in Texas think im a nutter lol.

I wonder what karl pilkington thoughts would be on using bikes instead of cars

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Karl Pilkington on Ebikes would be amazing!

madanglian

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2011
How the world has changed! Not too long ago Warwickshire was the centre of car manufacturing in Britain and criticism of anything car related would have been unthinkable. In fact I still think it sad that the university can so easily cast off that famous heritage and history.
Well we do still have the International Automotive Research Centre ..... there's an irony there which I hadn't spotted before :p

eclectic_bike

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
My wife thinks they're all old/fat people who are too lazy to cycle a 'real' bike. So here's a poll (if I can work out how to create one).
I never understood this argument. You never hear the claim that motorbike or car drivers are too lazy to walk or ride a bike.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I never understood this argument. You never hear the claim that motorbike or car drivers are too lazy to walk or ride a bike.
I'm not so sure. E-bike riders are arguably using one to reduce their effort, but car drivers are often on the way to the gym to do the opposite! :D