Cycling technique Ezee Sprint

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Whilst commuting I normally need to get there as quickly as possible, consequently I tend to use the throttle on my Ezee Sprint quite a lot, mostly in Pedelec, and using the gears, lots of hills!, My question is, will this cause the motor to wear out more quickly? I try to vary the amount of throttle rather than keep it at full all the time in the thought that the motor would be working at different rates and not stuck in a groove (I am not technical and don't really appreciate how a motor runs).

Thanks for your views
Jeanette

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
I try to vary the amount of throttle rather than keep it at full all the time
Jeanette
As far as I'm concerned my throttle only has two positions - on and off.:D I don't think I have enough self-control to limit my use of it. I'm considering replacing the twist grip with a switch or button (when I learn enough about how to wire it up).:confused:
Paul

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, you won't harm the motor Jeanette. Turning down the throttle can extend the range a bit, but the bike is quite strong enough to stand running at full speed all the time. Electric motors tend to be most efficient at their fastest rotational speed.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

I find
with the torq during a journey sometimes i pedel with power of or if there is a slope i will use half throttle if it is not to steep. I have not been up any steep hills as i know the torq dont like them:p :) :D

Sarah

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2007
Sprint 7 - to buy or not to buy?

Hi
I am seriously thinking about buying the Sprint 7. I live in a city with rather too many hills and need something that will ease the pain! Looking at a number of the threads, the Sprint 7 seems to get a good writeup. Does everyone agree or is there a better, more robust (and lighter) bike on the market that is really good and suitable for a lady rider?
Many thanks and look forward to receiving some expert advice?
Sarah

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My choice for you is the Sprint 7 since it's got a powerful motor and that in combination with your seven gears will make those hills seem easy. There are some slightly lighter bikes, but they are sometimes not very powerful or rather poor at hills.

As we have no way of judging how steep your hills are, there's no substitute for a trial ride though, so it's a good idea to contact suppliers and see if they can oblige in your area. There's a demonstration request form on this link for the eZee bikes which you can fill out if you wish.

Jeanette Morgan

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2006
CORNWALL
Dear Sarah,

I would thoroughly recommend the Ezee Sprint 7. I had a Giant Lafree Comfort but swiftly changed it out for a Sprint 7, There is no comparison to the ease of getting up the hills at the beginning, or the end of the day. The Lafree I suspect is a little lighter, but not much. The handlebars are curved and, in my opinion, more comfortable than the Sprint, however, this cannot make up for the power of the Sprint, the comfort of the saddle, the easier handling of the battery and last, but a real consideration - the fact that you can be lazy and just sit on the Sprint as it is also an E-bike! :) The Lafree is only a pedelec and definitely not so good on steep, or long hills. I live in Cornwall.

I have a lockable box on the back of mine, as well as a removable basket on the front as being a lady cyclist I often need to pop to the shops on the way home from work ! The step through of the Sprint is also a plus.

I recommend the Sprint. One note of caution tho' I am 5'5" tall and find that I can only just reach the ground when sat on the saddle at its lowest which fortunately is OK but if you are shorter than this you may have a problem, especially if you prefer to be able to reach the ground that little bit easier.

Hope this helps you
Jeanette

Last edited:

Sarah

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2007
Thanks to all for your advice - the Sprint 7 it is! I am looking forward to joining the electric biking community!
Best wishes
Sarah