Cycle Analyst v3 install

MikeRo

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Maldon CM8
I just finished installing a cycle analyst and thought I'd post a few details...

I wasn't happy with my previous LCD display- a communication problem with the controller meant I was locked on Max assist in PAS mode. With a 350W BPM motor that was a lot of fun, but a bit OTT for towing my children around!

I bought the CA from Jozztek Ltd, who helpfully delivered it within 2 days. The install took me a few evenings as I cut and soldered all the connectors to keep it reasonably tidy

I added a potentiometer (red) for adjustable PAS power.

I found two parts slightly tricky:
1) I wanted to use the controller shunt for my CA current measurement- for that, I had to open the controller and solder a wire onto the +ve side (following an endless-sphere thread)
2) my controller only powers up by a switch on the old lcd- I found that all this needed was actually a bridge to battery voltage on one of the controller wires

So was it worth it (£128)? Honestly I'd say yes. The adjustable PAS start/stop thresholds, smooth voltage ramping, adjustable power limits, more responsive throttle and excellent battery range indication (and memory during power off) give the bike a really high quality feel.

The unit itself looks good in the flesh and is very well made and sealed. It also provides a 1A fused supply for an awesome 11W headlight I got from another recommendation on here (banggood.com)

Advertisers