Currie and Dolphin partnership

Krow

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
Currie Technologies and Dolphin are partnering on a new line of Currie branded bikes. It will combine Dolphin's Syntelli drive (aka the Dolphin Hybrid Drive) system with Currie technologies to create a new line of bikes. They claim "the IZIP Express™ model will outdistance, outrun and out perform virtually any other hybrid electric bikes on the market". There was no announcement on curing cancer or world peace :rolleyes:

First concepts will be show this weekend at the Taipei show. They expect to have production units ready for 4Q07 in time for Interbike.

I hadn't heard of the Dolphin bikes before. They look very high powered with limited range and quite expensive.

Any educated guesses on how this is going to play out? Are we excited?

keith.

Krow

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2007
Seattle, WA
This appears to be a deal between Velocity/Dolphin and Currie. Swizbee claims to have exclusive licensing rights to Michael Kutter's previous work. He's the founder/inventor with Velocity/Dolphin.

But you're right, Leonardo, the current bicycles using the Dolphin technology are sold by Swizbee.

Maybe someone over there can explain what's going on...

keith.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That 7% hill climb ability on the Dolphin seems very poor. I've suspected the Swizzbee might be no better. Hopefully the Currie motor will pep up the system, I think it needs to.