Help! Converted bike

BarrieG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 28, 2024
Hi all new to this I converted my bike to electric and now it runs like it’s turning it’s self on and off any help plz

Barrie

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
From that amazingly detailed (NOT) description we can help (not)

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi all new to this I converted my bike to electric and now it runs like it’s turning it’s self on and off any help plz

Barrie
Pas sensor only close enough to the magnetic disc for part of the revolution ? Needs to be constant 1mm gap

Or the motor cable isn't pushed all the way into the connector (up to the line)

Last edited:

BarrieG

Jun 28, 2024
Pas sensor only close enough to the magnetic disc for part of the revolution ? Needs to be constant 1mm gap

Or the motor cable isn't pushed all the way into the connector (up to the line)
Thank you I’ll look at connector now the senor have to take to shop thanks for your help

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
It is a TSDZ2B. It doesn't have external pas sensor.

You don't have to write a book, but it would be helpful if you could write more about what exactly the problem is.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
When does it happen? All the time? Only at a certain speed? Something else?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford

Barrie
You need to explain a bit more about what you mean by turning itself on and off.

One thing that is important is the speed sensor that you fit to the chainstay. The distance between the two parts is critical. The instructions say about 8mm, but I had to make mine closer to 10mm to work correctly. You know when it's right because you see the speed on the LCD reading correctly (showing all the time and not going to zero or 999). If you don't get it right, the power cuts off after a few seconds.

Also, when you switch on, you must not have your foot on the pedal, so you can't switch on after you start riding otherwise the power gets all cocked up.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Is it only motor or display goes off as well?
Did you check cables and connections?

BarrieG

Jun 28, 2024
You need to explain a bit more about what you mean by turning itself on and off.

One thing that is important is the speed sensor that you fit to the chainstay. The distance between the two parts is critical. The instructions say about 8mm, but I had to make mine closer to 10mm to work correctly. You know when it's right because you see the speed on the LCD reading correctly (showing all the time and not going to zero or 999). If you don't get it right, the power cuts off after a few seconds.

Also, when you switch on, you must not have your foot on the pedal, so you can't switch on after you start riding otherwise the power gets all cocked up.
So as I’m biking up hill and the speed shows 29 then goes to 999 and back to to rite speed that could be my problem just the speed sensor needs moving a couple of my

BarrieG

Jun 28, 2024
It is a TSDZ2B. It doesn't have external pas sensor.

You don't have to write a book, but it would be helpful if you could write more about what exactly the problem is.
[/QUOTE
Is it only motor or display goes off as well?
Did you check cables and connections?
the display goes to 99 and then back to the rite speed I’ve just checked all connections all good but I have a speed sensor someone on here said it could be the gap is to close ??

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
So as I’m biking up hill and the speed shows 29 then goes to 999 and back to to rite speed that could be my problem just the speed sensor needs moving a couple of my
The 999 shows the problem is with the speed sensor. Please adjust it and report back. This could be a record day for solutions. We already have two successes. One more would be brilliant.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Thanks new to this and electric bike I’m so sorry I didn’t rite a book

No but it helps if you state

Bike
Model
Motor
Battery
Controller
Attach images

etc

Like asking on a forum what bike shall I buy and not saying how much you can afford

BarrieG

Jun 28, 2024

Thank you it was the senor moved it about 2mm and all good could only do this morning but thanks for your help i will be back on here no worries about that