Conversion kit - heavy rider 15 stone

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Trail kit

Hi mooo that kit sound great if it is powerful enough battery voltage needs to be minimum 48 volts 12 AH

Very Good of bob wales to offer

Bob Can we all Know the specifications and a Budget price you will be asking for it in April

I'm sure other members would be very interested

Anybody else out there want to try his kit Get in QUICK

Frank

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Steady Frank.
One Guinney Pig, local and in person only.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Bob sound typical off you only supplying a product you can support so makes sense local only

Only on kit and you must be local who will be the lucky person

Hope the buyer will post the results off his or her kit

Frank

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
we don't like the word "cheap" when used to describe our bikes... I'm getting uber-sensitive about that term.
Paranoia, Bob. What I said was (read my post!) that your bikes were CHEAPER than Wispers, and I don't think you can deny that.

A

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can understand Bob's exception to the term "cheap" though, it's so often used pejoratively.

Even the Oxford Dictionary is schizophrenic (bipolar) about the word, attributing two good meanings and two bad ones:

1. Low in price, worth more than it cost.

2. Charging low prices, offering good value.

3. Poor in quality, of low value.

4. Showy but worthless, silly.

My OED also offers the adverb "cheaply", the noun "cheapness", the verb "cheapen" and the adjective "cheepish", but makes no mention of a comparative "cheaper". Strange, for it's probably used more commonly than all those other terms.

mooo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2011
Steady Frank.
One Guinney Pig, local and in person only.
Me Me Me Me
*Hand up jumping up and down*

:D :D :D :D

Im very patient, is Sheffield local enough for you? I can test it on the numerous hills around here.
I dont mind using freecycle for it to go to someone who actually will use it. I hate to take it to the tip to get rid of it.

Last edited:

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
I can understand Bob's exception to the term "cheap".

Even the Oxford Dictionary is schizophrenic (bipolar) about the word, attributing two good meanings and two bad ones:

1. Low in price, worth more than it cost.

2. Charging low prices, offering good value.

3. Poor in quality, of low value.

4. Showy but worthless, silly.

Well, leaving all that to one side, I'm sure Bob recognises a simple English sentence such as "Much cheaper than Wispers, and getting a good reputation."

A perfectly good word. Like schizophrenic (or bipolar), except not in that context.

A.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
new words

How about a new word for the English dictionary

Ebikenutt

Anymore suggestion To describe Us Nutters powerpedals epowerpedals

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Well, leaving all that to one side, I'm sure Bob recognises a simple English sentence such as "Much cheaper than Wispers, and getting a good reputation."

A perfectly good word. Like schizophrenic (or bipolar), except not in that context.

A.
Apologies and thanks for the paranoia check. Too much coffee :)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Me Me Me Me
*Hand up jumping up and down*

:D :D :D :D

Im very patient, is Sheffield local enough for you? I can test it on the numerous hills around here.
I dont mind using freecycle for it to go to someone who actually will use it. I hate to take it to the tip to get rid of it.
Can you wait 'til end of april?

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Our website has a link to the shop location at SK17 6AL.
To get your employer signed up for the scheme is easy. Any of the scheme agents / administrators can help. One of the largest is CycleScheme

I'll show you the kit just as soon as it arrives. It would be better to talk about this by email. Pleased you want to help us trial the new design.

mooo

Mar 11, 2011
I'll come over the weekend. Hopefully the weather should be decent

mooo

Mar 11, 2011
Just to let you all know a work colleague suggested i change the tires. They made a world of difference to my ride. However im still interested in the trying out the electric kit

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
The weight of a bike is not a massive concern as I no the rider is nearer 80% of total weight (check your bmi and lose 3 stone)
I do small sprints to build up my lungs and them crusie and sprint again
I hope you fitted slicks and give them plenty of air 90 psi in mine!
I can cruise at 26 mph with slight peddling :D

Last edited: