Controller replacement

radvis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 12, 2021
Hello

I have an city ebike, with Bafang rear hub motor (36V/250W), Silver fish battery (36V/21 Ah).

I am forced to replace my controller unit, due to a minor failure (front light stopped working).

The current controller unit has this specification:

Rated voltage: 36V
Maximum current: 17A
Rated current: 8A
Low voltage protection: 31.5V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 1.2v-4.4v
(Ex-factory date: 05/2017)

Unfortunately, this controller is not available anymore.

The question is: may this (current) unit be replaced with the following one:

Rated voltage: 36V
Maximum current: 12A
Rated current: 6A
Low voltage protection: 29V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 1.2v-4.4v
(Ex-factory date: 08/2017)

I was wondering if the new unit will work fine on my bike, will not affect the motor/battery?

Thanks in advance for any help related to my problem.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Not enough information. You need to show which control panel you have and all the connectors and wires on you present controller - nicely spread out so that we can see every wire and connector, not in a random birds nest.

If it's only the light that's not working, it would be cheaper and easier to install a switch than a new controller. That'll give you the chance to get a better light too.

radvis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 12, 2021
Not enough information. You need to show which control panel you have and all the connectors and wires on you present controller - nicely spread out so that we can see every wire and connector, not in a random birds nest.
Wires/connectors are identical. What differs are the current/voltage values.

If it's only the light that's not working, it would be cheaper and easier to install a switch than a new controller. That'll give you the chance to get a better light too.
To install a switch? Can you be more specific, please? I am just a bike user, not a technician.

Advertisers