Connector compatibility issue for replacing a generic controller

Jay-Cee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2024
Hello everyone!

I would like to replace my controller (48V, 25A) and the original display with a JN model (48V, 25A, 750W) and the S866 display (Julet connector). I would like to keep my current wiring, which consists of, on the controller box side, 2 connectors (5-pin JST SM) and, on the handlebar side, 5 Julet connectors (2x green for the display and the front light and horn control, 2x red for the brake levers, and 1x yellow for the throttle).

Upon examining how the JN controller is wired, I noticed that the connectors for the brakes, front light, and display do not match the 2 connectors that are present on my bike.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem, please? Many thanks in advance!

I have identified the data sent by my controller through these 2 connectors. This will help to better understand how to connect the JN controller.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Because I have 2 female 5-pin JST SM connectors that don't match the throttle, display, and front light connectors
What do you need connectors for? Can't you just solder the wires together? I must admit, I can't understand what your problem is. Throttles always have the same three wires. Lights are normally battery voltage and ground. Display should always match because you have to buy the matching display for the controller, otherwise it probably won't work even if you connected the wires correctly.

Advertisers