Charger problem

John Balson

Just Joined
Mar 7, 2020
I have a Roux ebike. From new I have had a problem with the battery. After a time the battery was replaced by the dealer. The bike worked well on the new fully charged battery, however once this had run down I could not get my charger to work. I purchased a replacement charger recommended by a German company. The battery charger has arrived, I connected it to my battery and straight away the charger is showing that the battery is fully charged, but it isn’t.
The battery is HT1003BA 36V. The charger is HP1202L3.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery has two sleep modes for protection during storage and low voltage use,
read the manual to see how to reactivate from hibernation/sleep mode sometimes it requires the on button to be held for 10 seconds or more.

Otherwise if the battery is known to be in a discharged state (best confirmed by checking with a meter) and a charger does not allow charging then another of one of two scenario's may be likely;

1. An internal battery charge fuse (if fitted has blown).
2. A parallel cell group has discharged down below the BMS LVC and the BMS will not allow switching to take place for a charge current to be excepted, in this scenario the BMS is working correctly and has detected a cell fault.

The only way to cheaply deal with situation is to personally open the battery and manually check all ten of the parallel cell group voltages to see if this is the case.

Last edited:

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I have a Roux ebike. From new I have had a problem with the battery. After a time the battery was replaced by the dealer. The bike worked well on the new fully charged battery, however once this had run down I could not get my charger to work. I purchased a replacement charger recommended by a German company. The battery charger has arrived, I connected it to my battery and straight away the charger is showing that the battery is fully charged, but it isn’t.
The battery is HT1003BA 36V. The charger is HP1202L3.
Did the battery wait very long between discharging and the new charger being attached?
Do measure the battery voltage with a known good volt meter.
If the battery is now below 30 volts, the BMS may prevent a recharge for safety reasons.
The only place where I know where there are "recovery" chargers, often called a "0 Volt Charger", a misleading name, is from Stark:-
You do need to know your present battery voltage before ordering one.....Put the voltage here for us to read please.
If its far too low, this charger also will not help!
Warning, this charger may have the wrong connector for your battery, also watch polarity carefully!
Best of luck.
Andy