Can someone help me to remove the speed limit of my bike?

hectorrrrrr

Just Joined
Jul 1, 2024
Hi there. I have the Rockrider e-st500 V.1 bike. which I want to delimit but I don't know if what I want to do would work or I don't even know how to do it. I know that there is programming software like STC-ISP, with which I could perhaps reprogram the controller by connecting it to my PC and from the software changing the speed limit parameter. Although I don't even know how to find that parameter or how to do all this hahaha. Could someone help me with this? Maybe someone knows if this would work. I look forward to your responses :)

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If you wanted to go faster than 15.5 mph, you should have bought a standard Chinese bike from Amazon or Ebay. There's not much you can do on the Rockrider.

The only thing I'd try is spoofing the speed signal with a fixed pulse device, or divide the present speed signal by two using a double flipflop arrangement. As it's a sealed system, you'd have to hack into the motor cable to get to the speed sensor wire and its 5v supply.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Dunno if its the same model (did it change from hub to mid motor ?) but

https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comments/dx4bfb
That thread talks about a wheel magnet sensor, but I can't see one on any photos of that bike. Obviously, if you have one, it's easier to hack or spoof the speed signal, but hub-motors normally have one inside.

There's one other thing that might help if you have an internal speed sensor. If you remove the motor's side-plate, you can see inside how many magnets work the speed sensor. if it's one, there's not much you can do, but if there's six, you can remove two to get a 33% speed increase, then set your LCD to show km/hr, which will actually be mph. I doubt that the motor will go past 20 mph anyway.

Advertisers