Byocycle model identification

Millymoobag

Just Joined
Oct 1, 2023
Ceredigion
Hi all,
I have been given this Byocycle back after a decade.
It's dead but before I look at it I would like to know the model so I can hunt down information on it.
It's the model they bought out with the Nu Vinci auto gears if that's the way it's spelt.
It died about 10 year ago and the battery was wedi benni (dead).
The owner never bothered till recently when it went to wherever and he said that something's not compatible but doesn't know what and a couple of batteries were tried, how I am not sure as the battery was locked in the rack still and they didn't have the key. But whatever maybe there's a way without removing the old battery
Any info appreciated .

Attachments

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
looks like a front hub drive which has been installed upside down?? And it looks like the controller is housed in the battery mount rear? so without the keys may require destructive persuasion to reveal its secrets.

the motor position (upside down) would indicate the risk of water ingress and motor issues tho..

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Seatpost looks bent with saddle pointing upwards. You might like to make sure it is safe to ride.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A lot of hub bikes leave the factory with the motor cable exiting from the top.
In a lot of cases the wiring doesn't allow an owner to rotate the hub to prevent water ingress so the best solution is to use a pliable rubberised sealant to waterproof the entry /exit.

A woman at work has 24v small wheeled shopper bike that is the same, when I looked at it I could see the wiring simply doesn't allow it to be rotated.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge