Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
My local Hospital that also serves Clacton (exUKIP) > Health bosses' plea to nurses: Don't leave after Brexit

HEALTH leaders in Colchester and Tendring have pleaded with European workers to stay in the United Kingdom for the sake of the NHS.

Nearly 300 non-British nurses have left Colchester Hospital since the Brexit referendum in June 2016.

Since the Brexit referendum in June 2016, a total of 480 non-British registered nurses have left.

Of these 270 worked at Colchester Hospital and most returned home to Italy, Spain and the Philippines with others departing to locations all over Europe and the rest of the world.
Well it is a great shame that these people are leaving, having, and still providing a huge contribution to the U.K.

The blame for this can be laid precisely at the door of idiots such as Jonathan Agnew and other similar racist Nazis who deliberately told lies by claiming that Brexit was all about kicking out our foreign workers. Shame on you disgusting people.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
We did discuss this some 18 months ago. EU and commonwealth medical staff were finding cold comfort in (even ) London at the time of the referendum ,and were resolving to go after their current contracts expired.
Some Brexit supporters may choose to believe that this is remainder propaganda, but my family experience would indicate different.
Indeed, and we've been vigorously recruiting from India to try to make up the huge shortfall in the EU staff wanting to work here.

The evidence from after the referendum is on this link

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No. In 1979 when we purchased the house brand new was 18,000 my salary was 3k and my wifes 2 K . The only huge difference was that interest rates were close to 10% .
Mind you ,and in partial agreement,with 50, there was wall paper a very primitive fitted kitchen,and no floor covering except concrete downstairs and blockboard mdf elsewhere.
London Stansted -> Biarritz is 32€ round trip by Ryanair so houses here are often well over 700k€, not rare to see the larger ones with pool at over 1.5 million and really nice ones are "price on demand". With luck 160k€ will get you a tiny bit of building land between the motorway and the railway.

In all of the south west self building is very common for young people born and raised here. Parents, cousins and friends put in hours especially if they are from the building trade or have previous experience. With land so expensive and rare it is the only way many can have their own home.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well it is a great shame that these people are leaving, having, and still providing a huge contribution to the U.K.

The blame for this can be laid precisely at the door of idiots such as Jonathan Agnew and other similar racist Nazis who deliberately told lies by claiming that Brexit was all about kicking out our foreign workers. Shame on you disgusting people.
That is nonsense, the sharp drop in those coming here was due to the referendum result. Both the medical staff here and those thinking of coming here were shocked and disappointed by the vote to Leave and felt uncertain about the future. Those in other countries changing their mind about coming here hadn't been exposed to the UK media race hate, and in any case had often been exposed to race hate in their own countries.

See this link from my post above.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

Yup, brexit is all remainers fault. You're employing the same flawed attribution you did when you voted brexit thinking immigration was the cause of all your woes.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yup, brexit is all remainers fault. You're employing the same flawed attribution you did when you voted brexit thinking immigration was the cause of all your woes.

No. Your narrative. Although changed now was we were racist. Your ilk created the feeling of hatred not us.

No EU citizen was ever going to be forced out. Ever.

Fact.

Stop lying.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No EU citizen was ever going to be forced out. Ever.
No, you're lying.

They are being, our government already placing restrictions that will result in some being ejected. Many have already been forced to pay to register to stay, though some of us have kicked up such a fuss about this that the payments are no longer being applied to future applicants to stay.

• Dislike
Reactions: tommie

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
No, you're lying.

They are being, our government already placing restrictions that will result in some being ejected. Many have already been forced to pay to register to stay, though some of us have kicked up such a fuss about this that the payments are no longer being applied to future applicants to stay.

You are confused sir.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

See my preceding post. Some of those Nazis were frequenting the A&E departments,and were on the airwaves. IT made for uncomfortable working conditions . After the Referendum, the HR Department of Charing Cross Hospital were issuing notices saying that their overseas staff were welcome ..by which time the damage was done.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
If we do crash out,will the government do something about the high WTO tariffs on foodstuff.....it seems to me that cheese manufacturers in the UK,by way of example,will go out of business overnight. Unless they manage to substantially increase domestic sales.
Mind you french cheeses sold into the UK will be more expensive,so they should find an increase in home sales.
Not sure which way it will go???
KudosDave

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
if we do, we won't be on WTO for long, Westminster will ratify the deal before Easter.

I'm working in Westminster today and my totally plucked out of the air prediction of a general election wasn't so far off the mark according to well placed sources here.

The smart money is on a summer general election in the summer.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Sigh

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

I'm not going to waste my time.

Here it is. In full. Read it. I don't want an apology.
Correct!
Those are the FACTS, not some garbage thought up by our resident Scaremongers to suit their failed narrative, if the Losers had have kept their mouths shut then those foreign hospital workers etc wouldn`t have been spooked.
Just another dirty remainer trick exposed.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Correct!
Those are the FACTS, not some garbage thought up by our resident Scaremongers to suit their failed narrative, if the Losers had have kept their mouths shut then those foreign hospital workers etc wouldn`t have been spooked.
Just another dirty remainer trick exposed.
Dont think this had anything to do with 'keeping their mouths shut'....the professional EE carers in my local long term hospital (MS sufferers,bad injuries) told me they no longer felt welcome or valued here. But one aspect of Project Fear that was real was these workers suffered in the overnight 22% fall in the £ v Euro value,they are now as well off back home and many parts of EE are quite vibrant.
They are facts caused by brexit ,who can blame them for going home.
KudosDave

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Liam Fox seems quite keen to put zero tariff on everything....that would be interesting????
KudosDave
Not just Fox. Virtually all the separatists repeat the same. JRM was on BBC2 Daily Politics said same.
He said that would weed out inefficiency from our producers.
One after another, panelists asked him what about the wine producers, the cheese producers etc. What happens to those who can't be efficient enough to compete with the most efficient in world market?
Anyway, if JRM has his way, the EU won't need to negotiate, we have already waved the white flag.
Well that is wto rules isn't it?
No. In the absence of our own agreed schedules - Fox still works on them, we have to apply WTO tariffs.

Advertisers