Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Concern for a post-'Brexit' UK has been shown as far away as Australia as this question from 'Barry' demonstrates:

'Given that the Windsors are really the Saxe-Coburg Gothas, will they get to stay in the UK after 'Brexit' or will such a privilege be extended to skilled migrants only?'

Seems to me like a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

Tom

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
oldtom, what do you think the Windsors have done to influence brexit one way or the other? If they haven't, then taking a dig at them is uncalled for.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Concern for a post-'Brexit' UK has been shown as far away as Australia as this question from 'Barry' demonstrates:

'Given that the Windsors are really the Saxe-Coburg Gothas, will they get to stay in the UK after 'Brexit' or will such a privilege be extended to skilled migrants only?'

Tom
With the exception of Philip, they were all born here so have English nationality,

If we started deporting everyone who had a foreign parent or grandparent, there wouldn't be many left in the country and London would be deserted!

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The Queen did ask what has EU done for us ? Did she get a vote ???
I suspect us coming out will make our Royals more relevant.

• Disagree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
robdon disliked my last post and liked flecc's last post.
Would robdon care to explain why?

With the exception of Philip, they were all born here so have English nationality,

If we started deporting everyone who had a foreign parent or grandparent, there wouldn't be many left in the country and London would be deserted!
oldtom, what do you think the Windsors have done to influence brexit one way or the other? If they haven't, then taking a dig at them is uncalled for.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Robdon doesn't care what people say he just looks who said it.
It saves him hassle of reading posts.

Last edited:
  • :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
robdon disliked my last post and liked flecc's last post.
Would robdon care to explain why?
I can see a clear difference. I made two observations in relation to OldTom's post, without any criticism of the poster or even referring to him.

Wherever possible I try to keep the personal out of discussions and think members prefer it that way.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Wherever possible I try to keep the personal out of discussions and think members prefer it that way.
I usually do.
My post was in reply to oldtom's conclusion:

With hindsight, I should have perhaps included the above quote.
This thread started with remainers holding what you may say a factual high ground if such a thing exists. Now remainers tend to wander off into side issues and indulge in shouting instead of persuading.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Instantly solving the pollution problem!
;)

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Instantly solving the pollution problem!
;)
There is no pollution problem.

There is no global warming problem.

There is no peak oil problem.

There is no water shortage anywhere in the world.

There is no land contamination problem.

There are only two problems, the first of a grossly excessive human population, the second the refusal to face up to that fact.

Reactions: robdon and Croxden

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
There is no pollution problem.

There is no global warming problem.

There is no peak oil problem.

There is no water shortage anywhere in the world.

There is no land contamination problem.

There are only two problems, the first of a grossly excessive human population, the second the refusal to face up to that fact.
The first could be resolved soon if Trump and Putin keep going :(

Jim

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
This little item is somewhat though not entirely off-topic, being no more than a very tenuous tangential issue, significant only in as much as it reveals a shocking illustration of history repeating itself.

It's a long way from the current concerns about the impact of 'Brexit' and a long way from Europe geographically but unless human rights are embraced by such places as Chechnya, then we all, as a race, have failed.

I'm sure there will be no easy answer to how the message can be delivered in such a way that change can be brought about but the more advanced nations must do more to include these rogue states rather than maintain a distance, calling them pariahs and simply not attempting to find a way to live in harmony and with respect.

This came to my attention courtesy of 'The Canary'.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/04/10/european-country-opened-first-concentration-camps-gay-people-since-hitler-video/

Tom

Advertisers