Brake Lever Switches

emtemt

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Hi

Does any one know a UK source of the small micro switches with integrated cables as fitted to electric bike brake levers?

Regards

Ian

emtemt

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
No dealer.

Home converted tandem and Brompton. Looking for any available switches with the intention of modifying existing levers to whatever switches I can source easily.

Regards

Ian

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I cannibalised existing ebrakes (they are readily available and quite cheap) which I then took the switch out of and modified the stock brompton brakes. I actually only did one brake. Some even say they are not really needed but I like to be able to cut power.

Only works with the latest brompton brakes though.

See this post.

Jerry

Last edited:

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Cyclezee do a pair of switched levers for£17.50. I adapted a pair that came with a kit to work with my shimano hydraulic levers. The micro reed switches and magnets can be detached to adapt to your levers if the levers cannot be used out of the box.

Jaunty

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2011
I have converted my Trice using a Cyclezee kit, and didn't use the replacement brake levers and microswitches, because I have gone for a spring-loaded thumb throttle and considered the brake switches unecessary. You would be welcome to have this pair of brand new, I think universal, brake levers. No idea what they are worth, so make me an offer.

emtemt

Pedelecer
May 7, 2009
Many thanks for the replies.

Jerry, reading your linked thread you show a very neat shut off switch. Can you give me the supplier name please.

Regards

Ian