Bosch PowerTube 625 connector differences

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
  • A friend has a Trek eMTB and he decided to buy a 2nd battery, a Powertube 625 (£600 - eek!)
  • Anyway, imagine his dissapointment to find that whilst the batteries intially looked the same, the connector plates at the base of the batteries were a different shape and had different connector pin orientations.
  • A refund/change is not an option so I'm rather hoping someone here can point me to somewhere a Trek specific connector plate may be found (I'm happy to swap them out) or point me to a company that may take on the job.
  • Any ideas folks?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that's a smart battery connection non smart motors wont work with the new batts even if you change the connector as bms changed as well and can bus locked

Reactions: Bikes4two

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
that's a smart battery connection non smart motors wont work with the new batts even if you change the connector as bms changed as well and can bus locked
  • Sorry, which battery has the 'smart' connection, the Trek varient or the 'Standard' one?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
trek is the new connector :(

Reactions: Bikes4two

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Ah, thanks for that @soundwave - unlike you I'm clueless about the Bosch systems but now I know that the Powertube 625 comes in a 'smart' version and a non-smart version

Know anyone who wants to buy a non-smart Powertube 625?