Help! Boost Kit Conversion

Nathen

Just Joined
Jun 25, 2024
Has anyone had any experience with the Boost conversion kit ?? Looking to buy one ...

kevsbike

Just Joined
Jul 3, 2018
They seem to position themselves in the market as a rival to Swytch, which is odd as Swytch only offer a front hub-powered motor, and Boost only offer a rear hub motor, although both offer the opportunity to customise rim and spoke colours which would probably clinch the sale for me, but the idea of a bottle battery isn't really for me, if I'm honest, and they added me to their mailing list before answering a query I had.

Not to be confused with Boost e-bikes, or Woosh, who have a presence on here, and sell both kits and e-bikes.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Doing my research at present and my initial thoughts its well put together and no way as intrusive as other kits
In my opinion it is very overpriced and poor value for money comparing to competition.
What bike are you planning to convert and how do you want to use it?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
having converted my bike with a yose-power kit last summer and being as pleased with it today (very) as i was the first week i was in 'Weeeeeeee' mode.. They get a thumbs up from me..
the kit contained all the tools to exchange the back wheel and freewheel/cogs perhaps the length of leads i needed to hide was a minor pita, and an initial pas issue was identified and sorted via support quickly (at my low cost .. as i had selected the wrong pas sensor option for my bike..
(be mindful if your BB axle is a tad larger than 17mm in diameter the standard yose-power pas option can be problematic) - It is detailed on the site btw,,,

If your needs are beyond basic or standard, lots of hills, long distance requirements, etc try woosh bikes who may be able to provide a kit based on your needs.