Bofeili thru-axle motor

After eurobike I found some time to take care of my new Bofeili "thru-axle" Motor ;-)
The Motor has 2,2 kg , 142mm wide, 12mm thru-axle, 35nm torque and has a cassette integrated torquesensor from Kclamber, 8-bit version

Since I didn´t had a bike for thru-axle I needed at first convert one of my bikes with a thru-axle drop-out, because all my bikes had the standard dropout for 10mm axle like the once in the upper left side pic but no problem since I have a selfmade cnc-machine ;) so this is the result of my machining....
1721209911744.png

After that I needed to make a tool for opening the new hubmotor because I always take a peak inside every motor I can get my hands on to evaluate the mechanical design of the motor. It was a quick job by design and print on my 3d printer. On a new motor Plastic is for sure enough but maybe after a few year the thread could be a little rusty and then I would need to make a alloy or steel tool on my cnc....

1721210013606.png

Nothing special inside except you need to solder before you could change the planetary gears which is kind of user-unfriendly designed

1721210271582.png

I made my first testride and what should I say, it works as it should, silent but of course with 2,2kg you can´t expect a powerhouse but enough for riding 8% step road even with my 150kg ;-) I have setup the bike with 48v/14amps so around 600watt peak depending on how hard I push into the pedals or how I set up the the torquesenscing value on my controller by Lishui-software.

in conclusion:
I would say the motor is around the same as the Aikema 75, maybe a bit more power and same noise
12-speed Shimano is usable but need a 0,5-0,7mm spacer under the cassette otherwise it is to tight between sprocket and motor-shell

I have the same bike with a shengyi-x2 motor and also cassette integrated torque-sensor from "kclamber"and that suits me better because of more torque but on the other hand the shengyi has 1kg more weight which doesn´t matter to me because with my weight I haven´t any right to complain about 1kg more on the motor;)

Btw, I converted all my 7 bikes with Kclamber torquesensor and so far no problem with it, ride-feeling is way better as a simple PAS
Bonus point: nothing needed on the bottombracket anymore because every data is provided by the Cassette-Sensor

Last edited: