Bionx or other kit - is motor braking a benefit on a v hilly route

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I am still toying with which kit to put on my Trek 6000. I am torn between the Daahub and the Bionx. I know the cost of the Bionx is high and but it does seem to be reliable and have a good reputation on reliability. My route is predominantly up hill one way and then a series of steep down hill sections on the homeward route. I test road a Bionx and did like the engine braking effect and it was certainly powerful uphill. If I go for the Bionx I would love the latest 48v version but at £1799.00 it is very pricey. If you look at the 50 cycles Bionx it makes £1995 look cheap. At the other end of the scale the lightweight 250S might do the job balancing weight over power. The Daahub certainly seems like it would fit the bill and Eddies posts to date sing its praises. No engine braking but it would have the Wisper support. Hard choices.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi

Where about are you in the UK as cyclezee Is in MK and is worth considering

Cyclezee Ltd - Home

He supply's 48 volt kits

Frank
Thats what I like about this forum......traders all being nice and helpful to everyone incl each other......this would be a poorer place without them and their helpful expertise.......
Lynda

C

Cyclezee

It would also be a poorer place with out you Funky. Where have you been for so long and what have been doing, playing with all your toys I expect:p

Oh and not forgetting a word of thanks to Frank for the mention;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
It would also be a poorer place with out you Funky. Where have you been for so long and what have been doing, playing with all your toys I expect:p

Oh and not forgetting a word of thanks to Frank for the mention;)
Gee thanks......yes, thats me...busy busy......shopping today, got all sorts of interesting things.....not sure any of them would interest you though......no big motors or anything :)
What you up to......getting plenty cycling in I hope ?

Funky