bike cutting out after motor cuts in

Robw1uk

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2009
Northampton
Hi I have a new kudos king was going ok untill all power cut out checked all plugs and nothing any more ideas to check before sending it back

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi
Robw1ukhelp

Just Give Dave a ring At Kudos He will only be pleased to Help +44(0)1227 792792

Did you buy direct or through on off there dealers anyway I am sure you will get Support

Frank

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Rob....have you made contact with Kudos? Quick thought,if I am understanding the problem correctly-it may be the brake pedal sensors sticking in. The sensors are there to ensure the power immediately cuts if you operate the brakes. However,if one of the sensors is sticking in then the bike thinks the brakes are permanently applied and keeps cutting the power.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Robw1uk

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2009
Northampton
Hello Dave

When motor kicks in LCD dies and all power , spoke to Carl and need to get packaging and box , getting and electrition to check contacts in morning

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
The LCD lights are powered from a direct feed from the battery via the battery fuse and the battery BMS.

The fault can be anywhere on the bikes power delivery circuit, i.e. the battery, BMS, fuse, fuse holder, wiring connections, controller power circuit or the motor itself.

Its sounds as if the BMS is doing its job by detecting the fault and isolating the battery, which must then be reset by the key.

I personally wouldn't let an electrician near it, I would return it to Kudos, as they are the most familiar with the operations of your bike.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
disconnect brake sensors one at a time..if it is one of these leave it disconnected until its repaired, at least bike then usable...

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
I don't think it is a problem with the brake sensors Eddie, a sticky sensor would only supply a low level signal to the controller, overriding the pedelec sensor input, to tell the controller to stop supplying power to the motor it does not turn off the battery voltage to the LCD display as Rob described.
I only recommended returning the bike as Rob said it is new and I assume is under warrantee.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Lift the wheel and / or bike of the ground and operate the throttle or pedals, if it cuts out with no load then its most likely the controller. If the motor works ok without any load suspect the battery or BMS.

Iffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2011
Wellingborough, Northants
Hi Rob

I had a problem with the motor my King cutting out and eventually stopping altogether. I spoke to Bob at P&D Cycles in Bletchley who advised checking the connections in the controller, when I looked inside the box one of the connectors had completely come apart. There are five "bullet" type connectors, two for battery power and three for the motor, I pushed mine together with pliers. I would check these first.

I hope that this helps.

Robw1uk

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2009
Northampton
Thanks for all replys kudos sent me a new battery and works like a dream now . But now got a squeaky front disc brake but sure that will fade .