Battery Monitor/ Cycle Analyst

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

Just found this on from a German seller.Might be cheaper direct from source. You mount your Android phone on your handlebars and it shows how much power your using/have used, battery voltage and trip information - speed, distance, etc. Handy for testing improvements and logging journeys etc. Also useful for monitoring lipo pack voltage. Minimal wiring and installation - just add connectors. You could easily swap it from bike to bike. Cheaper and easier than a Cycle Analyst by the looks of it. Who'll be first to try one?
Speedict eBike, Telemetrie- & Datenerfassungssystem (Bluetooth) - eFairy HQ

edit: Even better, you can set limits for min voltage to protect your lipos. You can also limit max current, max speed - all of which can be switched on and off from your phone. Plus it logs the data so you can review it later if you don't want to see it in real-time

Last edited by a moderator:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Agreed, looks really good but platform choice is limited.

D

Deleted member 4366

£63 from the manufacturer - Speedict Technology Ltd. I just wish they supported the iPhone!
I just found that myself.Thanks anyway. I couldn't resist at that price, so I ordered one.
Do yourself a favour and get rid of your iPhone. They're nowhere near as good as a Samsung Galaxy II. My friend Steve (Saneagle) sold his iPhone 4 for £370 on Facebook and bought a Galaxy also on Facebook for £300 and he couldn't stop laughing at how he could get such a better phone and make a profit at the same time. I would say that iPhones have had their day now - no advantage over Android and too many restrictions : battery, iTunes, etc. I used to love my iPhone, but I'd never go back to one now.

Don't forget that you can also download the data to a PC.

FJJ

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2011
West Lothian
Have tried the Android route, but my work don't allow Android for email access (security issues with malware on the Android Market) and I have a lot of expensive apps for marine navigation that are iPhone only and I've already paid for... Not to mention my waterproof iPhone bike mount from Dahon :)

I just found that myself.Thanks anyway. I couldn't resist at that price, so I ordered one.
Do yourself a favour and get rid of your iPhone. They're nowhere near as good as a Samsung Galaxy II. My friend Steve (Saneagle) sold his iPhone 4 for £370 on Facebook and bought a Galaxy also on Facebook for £300 and he couldn't stop laughing at how he could get such a better phone and make a profit at the same time. I would say that iPhones have had their day now - no advantage over Android and too many restrictions : battery, iTunes, etc. I used to love my iPhone, but I'd never go back to one now.

Don't forget that you can also download the data to a PC.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you're talking about Navionics UK and Holland. I've got that on my Galaxy (no cost!).

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't know if it's normally free, but you can get it at no cost with a search for it with Google - like "free android aps Navionics" and then it takes you through a routine like using a jailbroken iPhone.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
I own neither an Iphone or a Samsung Galaxy.
I have a ten year old Nokia with a broken corner held together wth wire....it still recieves and makes phone calls.
I'm think it's time i upgraded.
Not being that clued up, which phone do you recommend. Is it possible to have one without contracts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I have a ten year old Nokia with a broken corner held together wth wire....it still recieves and makes phone calls.
You'd be surprised what these modern phones do. Here's what I use mine for:

Boat navigation and tide prediction with satellite images of ports
Car navigation
Watching TV
Checking what's on TV (quicker than your TV programme guide)
Ebay
Bike and other forums
Watching/listening to music
Radio
Checking the weather (accurate)
Bright flashlight
e-mails
Other internet things
Phone calls
Skype video calls
Camera for stills and videos
Bike computer (coming)
All that on one device. That's not it's full capability: It's what I use it for on a regular basis.

You can get unlimited internet via Giffgaff for £10 a month, which on the Samsung Galaxy II, although not as fast as a laptop on broadband, it's fast enough not to be a pain anymore and you can watch streamed video.

C

Cyclezee

Not being that clued up, which phone do you recommend. Is it possible to have one without contracts?
If all you want to do is calls and texts they can't be beaten, so cheap and the charge lasts for ever.

If you want an all singing and dancing smartphone, I personally recommend the Samsung Galaxy Sll, just don't do what I did, let it fall from my pocket whilst riding my trike and have to pay £100 to get the smashed screen replaced:( To be fair it did get hit by a car

I also have an old Nokia 6310i, battered, bruised and bulletproof backup, brilliant;)

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Ditto! If it ain't broke don't fix it! My small-brick Nokia survives Monsoons, erratic charging voltages and general neglect. It's thief-proof by virtue of its age. It makes and receives calls & texts and works equally well on a variety of African sym-cards. What more can money (£12) buy?
Tom
PS - a sixteen-year old Skoda is pretty thief-proof too ...

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
You should be able to get it working on any phone with android system. Even the cheapest crap phone that has android should be able to make it.

But it's better to have only 1 phone and getting the Samsung makes sense. You can just get a second hand samsung S2 if you don't want to spend too much. It's a proven and reliable phone.

C

Cyclezee

Back on thread, we supply the large screen eZee version of the Cycle Analyst, it is the Direct Plug-in Model (CA-DP) and as well as eZee it is compatible with some modified Crystalyte and Infineon controllers with a 6 pin JST. £97 including delivery.

CA-LDPS.jpg

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
It's definately a 'knickable' status symbol these days. I look on with envy at my friends who struggle to grasp the complexity of them. They can afford them, but don't know how to use them and i want one but really cannot justify the expense.
I'm not saying they aren't use useful, Dave's list of uses proves that!!! I can live without one, but there is a world i'm missing out on.
Can you get an oscilloscope app yet? that would be a justification for buying one.

Tim, your'e right about the Skoda.
(sorry, i diverted the thread again)

as you were........

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Back on thread, we supply the large screen eZee version of the Cycle Analyst, it is the Direct Plug-in Model (CA-DP) and as well as eZee it is compatible with some modified Crystalyte and Infineon controllers with a 6 pin JST. £97 including delivery.

View attachment 3086
Any extra discount for forum members ;-)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's definately a 'knickable' status symbol these days. I look on with envy at my friends who struggle to grasp the complexity of them. They can afford them, but don't know how to use them and i want one but really cannot justify the expense.
I'm not saying they aren't use useful, Dave's list of uses proves that!!! I can live without one, but there is a world i'm missing out on.
Can you get an oscilloscope app yet? that would be a justification for buying one.

Tim, your'e right about the Skoda.
(sorry, i diverted the thread again)

as you were........
They're not at all nickable. Things have moved on. As long as the phone is switched on, even if they change the sim, you can see exactly where the phone is within a few yards. You can ring the phone rather than the sim, so you'll hear it go off, or you can remotely lock it or clear all your personal info.

C

Cyclezee

Any extra discount for forum members ;-)
Hi Scotty,

They were previously £120, now £97.
I could put the price back up to £120 for non - forum members so you would get £23 discount:confused:

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi Scotty,

They were previously £120, now £97.
I could put the price back up to £120 for non - forum members so you would get £23 discount:confused:
That's a good price. Why don't you stock the Stand Alone version, which would be what most of us want? Cycle analyst is better as a permanent fixture if you only have one bike because iy's always on and recording when you're using the bike. The Speedict is better if you want to swap between different bikes because you only have to clip in the sender between your battery and controller when you connect the battery and you can record all data on your journeys regardless of which bike you use.