Avid BB7, two for one.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Anyone thinking of replacing low-end cable disc brakes with what is probably the most powerful available may be interested in this.

What you get:

2 x Avid BB7 MTB cable calipers.

2 x Avid 160mm G2CS rotors (185mm and 203mm available ).

Lock-seal fasteners.

Avid user manual.

10% off next order voucher.

What you don't get:

Any fancy packaging, the items are sent bubble-wrapped in a box tied with a bit of string :) . Price: £66.04 including P&P. Considering you would buy only one set for this price in Britain, this has to be good value. The package was sent air-mail and delivered by Royal Mail four days from ordering.

So, if you like the idea of two-for-one, and you don't mind waiting while they amble their way up from HK, these have to be worth a punt.

Ebay search

All the best
Bob

Last edited:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Excellent find Bob! Which bike are you going to use them on?

Last edited:

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick postage on my Zoom pads, 'Toobs' is now back up and running.

The brakes above are going onto my Tucano Carrera, the original 'JAC' brakes were of poor quality with an enormous variation in rotor thickness, resulting in very 'stick-slip' braking!.

Delighted to hear Juicy Bikes are now represented in Swindon, there is a very definite market here for sub-£1k machines. Needless to say, i'm looking forward to a spin on the latest incarnation of the Sport model.

All the best
Bob W
Swindon