Any Volt owners or dealers hereabouts?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi all

I've seen a fair few mentions on bike web shops for the Volt series bikes. I rather like the look of the Volt Alpine, but find that this model receives little or no mention here. Can anyone give me some thoughts on ownership?

There's two years of warranty on everything, which is a good sign, and priced at £1,300 - so perhaps a competitor to Wispers and Oxygens.

jstjv

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2012
Hi Halfer,

Did you find any more out about the Volt Alpine. I am also thinking of upgrading to one, but as you say, there is little information out there.

D

Deleted member 4366

Some bikes have particular characteristics that make them stand out. For anyone that is unfit and needs a good climber, there's a fairly limited choice, although more new models all the time are opening up the choice. As soon as you take away the hills, there's hundreds of bikes to choose from, so how do you choose?. As it was mentioned, the Oxygen bikes can be a bit faster than the crowd if you reset the speed limit, and don't forget, it did win the world championships at Bristol. The other thing is that there's always an advantage in buying a bike from one of the forum sponsors because you know you'll get good support if something goes wrong.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi our NEW 500 watt 22 MPH bike Is now available in Banbury to Test ride For those who need a hill climber pedalec and throttle Prices from £1295 with 10 AH 48 volt battery optional 15ah and 20ah battery will climb a hill with 12 stone rider NO pedaling

all our bikes now have Hydraulic disc brakes

Frank

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Halfer....have loaded details of the new Kudos Ibex crank drive bike onto the Kudos website. We are about to release details of the Kudos Ambassador scheme which makes the Kudos range a very cost effective purchase.
Dave
Kudoscycles

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Another wundabike - 250 watt bafang motor/10ah battery - 50 miles range - throttle scoots along with no pedalling :rolleyes:

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Halfer....have loaded details of the new Kudos Ibex crank drive bike onto the Kudos website. We are about to release details of the Kudos Ambassador scheme which makes the Kudos range a very cost effective purchase.
Dave
Kudoscycles
'Morning Dave,

Does the Ibex's motor drive the bb & thereby the 3 chainwheels, or does it drive a separate sprocket?

Effectively, what I'm asking is whether it has 27 gears, each driven by both legs & motor; or is it 27 by legs & 9 by motor?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
'Morning Dave,

Does the Ibex's motor drive the bb & thereby the 3 chainwheels, or does it drive a separate sprocket?

Effectively, what I'm asking is whether it has 27 gears, each driven by both legs & motor; or is it 27 by legs & 9 by motor?
Sorry Jack,the Ibex bike is 9 gears with a single chainwheel....apologies my lady who loaded the spec had the Arriba bike in mind,we have altered the spec. Power to the gears is by motor and leg combined.
Dave
Kudoscycles

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
@jstjv, didn't find out more, no. At the time I suspect I felt that the lack of real feedback (here and elsewhere) made it a rather unknown quantity. In the end I visited a store offering the Ave XH-3 and was so impressed with the quality, I significantly boosted my budget to purchase it.

@Kudoscycles - I fancied a look at the Arriba back in November, and I think Feb 2013 was mooted, but I couldn't wait that long - and it looks like that has been pushed back? The Ibex looks good, and it's lost a kilo compared to its older brother too. One day I will give one a go, but right now I'm waiting for the TCO of the Ave to drop down to match its predecessor, which will probably take another couple of years :)

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all

I've seen a fair few mentions on bike web shops for the Volt series bikes. I rather like the look of the Volt Alpine, but find that this model receives little or no mention here. Can anyone give me some thoughts on ownership?

There's two years of warranty on everything, which is a good sign, and priced at £1,300 - so perhaps a competitor to Wispers and Oxygens.
Just seen you bought a bike. Congratulations on buying AVE last year. They are great bikes.

David

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
halfer.....glad you found your bike. If you have the time bring it along to one of our roadshows at either the Manifold Trail or Hambleton peninsula,both about 1 hour from Birmingham.
I first saw that Ebco had the AVE-XH3 at Great Yarmouth show last year,it looked a nicely finished bike,very smart.
Dave
Kudoscycles:cool: