Another Swytch Gen 3 battery adapter on eBay

Cisco-man

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Hi all.

Someone is selling a Swytch battery mount converter on eBay. It’s not cheap, but some swytch owners might well prefer the simplicity of fitting it. You just clip it in where the battery pack normally goes, and then add your new battery somewhere else on the bike. I know that some here won’t like it, but I think it has its place with non-technical users.

Reactions: StuartsProjects

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi all.

Someone is selling a Swytch battery mount converter on eBay. It’s not cheap, but some swytch owners might well prefer the simplicity of fitting it. You just clip it in where the battery pack normally goes, and then add your new battery somewhere else on the bike. I know that some here won’t like it, but I think it has its place with non-technical users.

My first thought was that it's a bit expensive, but when you consider that he'll provide the correct battery connector and length of wire plus a fuse and postage, it's not so bad.

The alternative would be to drill a hole in the case and splice in a battery cable, which would cost about £2 for the wire and connectors.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
My first thought was that it's a bit expensive, but when you consider that he'll provide the correct battery connector and length of wire plus a fuse and postage, it's not so bad.

The alternative would be to drill a hole in the case and splice in a battery cable, which would cost about £2 for the wire and connectors.
Do you know what type of battery connector does this adapter use? I could not find something like this