Another newbie hoping to enter the fold.

M0RFU

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Stockport
Good Afternoon All

After the last 7 years of commuting via train into the city center I am thinking about getting an electric bike and commuting via bike. There have always been a few stumbling blocks when it comes to biking in, one of which was having somewhere to shower / change, however I joined the gym near work so that problem is solved.

The distance is not far just under 7 miles if I stick to the route that I sometimes use to run to work, however that is mostly along a very busy road, so would be fine pre 7am but less fun later on. However there is a 10 mile route which 95% on off road cycle paths, so with suitable lights this would be a good option I think.

Currently it takes about 40 minutes from front door to front door on the out journey and about 50 on the return, so I would imagine I would be in the ball park for riding in.

Financially I pay about £80 a month for the train so again the cost if I can go down the cycle to work scheme route would be pretty much the same.

Have I missed anything in my reasoning?

Top choice at the moment is the Woosh Rio FB.

Cheers

Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Somewhere safe/secure and under cover for the bike at work and at home, also think of removing the battery and take it with you ( can be a bind but not so for piece of mind as not cheap to replace).

Reactions: M0RFU

M0RFU

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2017
Stockport
Somewhere safe/secure and under cover for the bike at work and at home, also think of removing the battery and take it with you ( can be a bind but not so for piece of mind as not cheap to replace).
Good thinking, ill need to jig my workshop around at home to fit it in, but should be no issue or i might get one of those bike storage sheds. Work wise should be no issue, we have a garage where i can lock it up.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Should add e bike leccy components are generally water resistant as in most will withstand riding in the rain but leaving them standing for hrs on end out in it is not a good idea.