Another new owner (nearly)

Rosie

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2011
Hi All

Like the previous poster, I too am about to take the plunge and buy my first electric bike. This forum has been invaluable for me getting to this point where I pretty much know what I want - but which one? Help please.

Use will be recreational, short journeys unlikley to be over 10 miles and with only moderate hills. Size is an issue, I am short and need a small frame and also something that is relatively light and manageable. I'd like a trottle and pedelec, a low stepover and only have about £800 to spend.

The shortlist so far is : UM55 which I have test ridden and it seems fine although I have nothing to comapre it with; Batribike Diamond and a Giant Twist Express, a budget Giant range that does not have a throttle and is above my budget - are these reasonable compromises for this make?

Your views would be greatly appreciated along with any other suggestions.

Best wishes

Rosie

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Rosie`s Bike

A Batribike Quartz Folder will do you fine Rosie .I have the SE Model with the less powerful motor and less battery capacity , this model is now £649 .The later more powerful model is £899 . It has a nice low frame ,is beautifully finished and with the suspension rides comfortably . It is compact and light at 21.9 Kg. Range using medium assist and light assist is 30 - 40 miles .I am more than pleased with it .

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Welcome to the forum Rosie. The UM is a good choice, however, people are going to recommend what they know and the only way to know what is best for you is to find a dealer and test as many as possible. Recommendations are good but no substitute for testing them yourself.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi All

Like the previous poster, I too am about to take the plunge and buy my first electric bike. This forum has been invaluable for me getting to this point where I pretty much know what I want - but which one? Help please.

Use will be recreational, short journeys unlikley to be over 10 miles and with only moderate hills. Size is an issue, I am short and need a small frame and also something that is relatively light and manageable. I'd like a trottle and pedelec, a low stepover and only have about £800 to spend.

The shortlist so far is : UM55 which I have test ridden and it seems fine although I have nothing to comapre it with; Batribike Diamond and a Giant Twist Express, a budget Giant range that does not have a throttle and is above my budget - are these reasonable compromises for this make?

Best wishes

Rosie
Hi Rosie

Great to hear you are considering the UM55. Best thing to do is test ride all the models before making your mind up.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions on the UM55, good luck with the search!

Mark

Rosie

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for your replies, I am very grateful. Forgot to mention, I will have a throttle fitted to the UM if I go ahead with it, and if possible I'd prefer not to have a folding model. I will follow your advice and test ride as many as possible. Am based in the north west and have been to Valley Scooters who seem helpful and knowledgeable and stock both UM and Batribike. Has anyone had experience of them and after sales service - as a complete novice I will no doubt need all the help I can get?

Thanks again

Rosie

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi All

Best wishes

Rosie
Hi.
You seem to be describing a Juicy Bike ...
Best wishes, & hope you have fun with whatever bike you decide on. We haven't stopped grinning for a year ...
Tom.:D

detec52

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2011
Hi Rosie i was in the same boat, i went to juicy bikes in Buxton had a test ride and purchased there 2011 sport, fantastic bike for the price, have a look at there web site juicybike.com Rob.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks for your replies, I am very grateful. Forgot to mention, I will have a throttle fitted to the UM if I go ahead with it, and if possible I'd prefer not to have a folding model. I will follow your advice and test ride as many as possible. Am based in the north west and have been to Valley Scooters who seem helpful and knowledgeable and stock both UM and Batribike. Has anyone had experience of them and after sales service - as a complete novice I will no doubt need all the help I can get?

Thanks again

Rosie
Hi Rosie

Sue and Ian are great, you won't get a better store to deal with. They are also BEBA members, so you can buy with confidence.

All the best
Mark