Alien 24V 20 inch Dahon Speed 7

BGElect

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2008
Just a quick note to let you know that I completed the installation of the 24V 20 inch kit to my Dahon speed 7 folder this evening. I'll post more details of the installation with pics later but just thought I'd let you have my impressions of my first short ride.

It is now a heavy bike but I can now get up the steep hill that was causing me the problem with nearly no effort, so job well done.

The kit is listed as throttle only but comes with the pedelec sensor so as I was also fixing my bottom bracket I fitted the sensor and now have both throttle and pedal assist, result. The pedal assist seems to work as an on/off switch, you pedal and as long as you are moving it assists to a limited speed after which it stops assisting until you drop back into the assist speed range which works fine for going up hills.

Not sure how fast I was going I'll fit the cycle computer and post next time but in summary it is working as expected with the added bonus of pedal assist which means I can keep the exercise and only get the assistance when the speed drops due to inclines etc. :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well done BGElect, it sounds like a good kit for that purpose. I look forward to your further details as this could suit many.