mark4444

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2011
Has anyone information on Abbey Cycles :: Liverpool
Their website is still active and they have some good discounts but
I have been unable to reach them on their telephone numbers which
have been engaged for the last few days and now numbers not recognised
They also don't answer their emails.They also promise delivery within 3/5 days
but our order has still not been delivered after 2 weeks and I have tel'd several
of their suppliers who had not had any orders from them for a long time
Thanks for any help

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
mark ‎ - 4 Apr 2011
Warning Abbey Cycles may not be in business anymore although they are still taking peoples money on their online site but not delivering
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No - Flag as inappropriate
Response from the owner
Flag as inappropriate
Abbey Cycles Ltd -
Your response has been published
roboade ‎ - 18 Mar 2011
Well it's closed now and the shop is being gutted, so that tells you all you need to know. Poor customer service, poor quality work. I can do better myself.

mark4444

Apr 4, 2011
I ordered an electric bike for my sister who is recently disabled and wanted an electric bike instead of a disability scooter as it would handle footpaths better
which she misses going on.Oh well back to the wheelchair!

Note Visa Debit Chargeback is a non starter-Banks don't seem to want to know!!

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Best to pay large amounts with a visa card it's easier to get your money refunded if they go bust ;)

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
If you have a VISA sign on your card, It took me about 6 months, but I got £1k back using VISA chargeback and I know for a fact that the company that had liquidated did not have any cash. Write a letter, persevere, escalate it beyond the branch, be a pain, threaten to go to the papers…it will work, but nobody wants to talk about it, including VISA. I guess it was a standard that someone forced upon the banks and VISA and they agreed to keep it quiet but had to do it.

Last edited:

mark4444

Apr 4, 2011
Cheers Stevebills
My sisters Bank was useless and said they could only write to the Company and request a repayment in the same way she could.Some Banks seem to be better than others and Natwest specifically mentions help with chargebacks in their guide

Can't believe this company can still take orders and payments if they are not going to supply.Surely this is fraud and a criminal offence.Will be contacting Trading Standards tomorrow to see if they can close their website so nobody else becomes a victum