36v Control display problem

andyt81

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 15, 2024
30 minutes ago
Hi
My son has a muddyfox electric advenue e bike the 36v control display was hit and miss now it's stopped working all together I've split it open and it's a 792
I cannot find one anywhere on the Internet loads of 790's.
I bought a 880 but after some reading I believe it's for a different controller KT ?
Any help on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Below is a image of the panel I'm trying to source/replace
Thanks Andy.Screenshot_20240715_124657_Chrome.jpg

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
30 minutes ago
Hi
My son has a muddyfox electric advenue e bike the 36v control display was hit and miss now it's stopped working all together I've split it open and it's a 792
I cannot find one anywhere on the Internet loads of 790's.
I bought a 880 but after some reading I believe it's for a different controller KT ?
Any help on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Below is a image of the panel I'm trying to source/replace
Thanks Andy.View attachment 58779
You have to show a picture of the connectors, which gives a clue to whether it's analogue or digital. Many of these things look the same and even have the same number, but they work differently.

This one with 4 wires for the panel and two for the lights is analogue:

This one with 5 wires is probably digital:

It's difficult to tell when they have the moulded connector:

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
My original one has the green plug 5 pin connector.
Thanks for your help
The only ways to know what type you have is by one of these methods:
1 Cut it open and look at the markings on the pcb.
2. Open the controller and look at the markings on the pcb
3. Cut into the cable and measure the voltage on the green wire - only works if you can switch it on.
4. Open the controller and measure the voltage on the green wire - only works if you can switch it on.

You can get some temporary operation from your bike by cutting off the control panel and joining the red and blue wires. Don't forget to disconnect it first because the red wire is permanently live. When you plug the connector back in with those wires bridged, you'll get level 1 pedal assist and normal throttle if you have one.

It's probably digital but it really needs to be confirmed.

With the digital ones, it's always better to buy them as a matched pair with the controller because you need to match the comms protocols.

If you're going to replace the controller too, you can get more or less any one you want with its LCD. You'll probably have to do some soldering and wiring to fit a replacement controller.

andyt81

Jul 15, 2024
I think I need the the kimiss control panel to suit this controller I've tried the 790 otufan one lights up also does not power the motor though

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One can't get Tianjin Santroll stuff, they are OEM only.
Sometimes the odd used spare might appear on ebay.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes , one is better replacing the display and controller.
If one buys KT controller then one can opt to buy one of the nicer lcd's to go with it, for five power levels of current .
LCD3 is very popular , lcd4 is tiny and discreet otherwise their are some ten other lcds's to choose from . LCD1 & 2 are basic so these are only best to fit to stop others tinkering with settings.

andyt81

Jul 15, 2024
It's only a cheap electric bike can anyone recommend a controller and display kit to buy ? I have the KT 880 Display already that I bought to try could I buy this controller and make them work ? Screenshot_20240716_154833_eBay.jpg

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It's only a cheap electric bike can anyone recommend a controller and display kit to buy ? I have the KT 880 Display already that I bought to try could I buy this controller and make them work ? View attachment 58787
What about its connectors? Please post actual links, not photos of the listing, which don't give any information.