‘Twist and go query

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
Hello all.
A couple of years ago, wifey and me purchased a couple of ‘Pro Rider E-Wayfarer’ folding e-bikes that have the ‘Twist and go’ option which allows us both to travel around the Conwy Valley North Wales in the most laziest of ways.
I have a very warn out knee due to years of climbing ladders for a living, so not having to pedal, unless absolutely necessary, is the only way I can get to cycle around nowadays.
At the moment the bikes are doing well but I guess at some point something will bound to wear out, (apart from me,) and it’s got me wondering how the ‘Twist and go’ side of it actually works.
So, my query is, when the controller, throttle or other parts go wrong, especially as they are probably cheapy-chinese, would it be possible to repair the bike and keep the ability to ‘Twist and go’, or will the ‘Twist and go’ be gone?
If any of you more knowledgeable peeps out there could shed some light on my bewilderment I’ll be most grateful.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the new law is applicable to manufacturers.
As a user, you can keep the twist and go throttle or have one fitted.
The manufacturer cannot do that to a new bike but anyone else can have a throttle fitted to a used bike.
This weird situation comes about because the new law does not apply to kits.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

The E Wayfarer uses all standard Chinese stuff, so you'll have no problem keeping it going if/when needed.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
the new law is applicable to manufacturers.
As a user, you can keep the twist and go throttle or have one fitted.
The manufacturer cannot do that to a new bike but anyone else can have a throttle fitted to a used bike.
This weird situation comes about because the new law does not apply to kits.
Thanks, didn’t know that!
So does that mean that anyone could convert a old/new bike, even an old/new electric bike to a twist and go as long as the other requirements are met?

Lazeyboy

Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2018
Llanrwst
The E Wayfarer uses all standard Chinese stuff, so you'll have no problem keeping it going if/when needed.
Thanks, problem is finding the parts, the controller for instance seems obscure, plus if I fit another type would I loose the twist and go?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks, didn’t know that!
So does that mean that anyone could convert a old/new bike, even an old/new electric bike to a twist and go as long as the other requirements are met?
yes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks, problem is finding the parts, the controller for instance seems obscure, plus if I fit another type would I loose the twist and go?
Nearly all controllers have a throttle and pas option, with the throttle/T&G option it's just a case of correct wrie sequence.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
throttle on new bikes have to be activated by pedaling a bit first.
That's done in the controller's firmware.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use a different controller. I just repaired one with a standard controller that I got from Aliexpress. I think I had to change some connectors, but that was all.

Advertisers