Wisper/woosh centre drive

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Just wondered for interest.
Would it be possible to put a centre drive on a wisper or woosh step though frame?
Looked up online if anyone has done it but nothing came up.
Just curious.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Just wondered for interest.
Would it be possible to put a centre drive on a wisper or woosh step though frame?
Looked up online if anyone has done it but nothing came up.
Just curious.
Why would you want to do that? Woosh and Wisper bikes are already electric.

I don't see why not, but you would have to look at specific frame you have in mind.

Last edited:

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I'd like a step through bike to convert as a project with maybe a centre drive on. If I could find something like a woosh bike that was broken cheap enough I could put a centre drive on it. Might be the only one in the country...
Just wondered if possible. Just my mind turning over

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I'd like a step through bike to convert as a project with maybe a centre drive on. If I could find something like a woosh bike that was broken cheap enough I could put a centre drive on it. Might be the only one in the country...
Again you would have to look at specific frame. In my opinion it does make very little sense though. There are many beautiful step through bikes around to choose from.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Would a BBS01B fit on this £50 or best offer Dahon Glide? Pinner, London. Has the reinforcement bar over the fold, 24" wheels. Dynamo. Probably won't snap in half.

If a P7:

Last edited:

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
It has suntour suspension seatpost, but rusty fork. You will have to replace at least front wheel. You can ask Andy for advice.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I think this Woosh bike is a poor value for money considering you can get Cannondale Adventure at this price.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Yes, it should fit OK, but it's normally the battery that's gone, so you'd have to buy a whole kit, in which case you could fit it to any bike.

A hub-motor Woosh with a defective battery sold for £56 a couple of weeks ago. If I had bought it, I'd have kept the motor, swapped out the controller for a 15A KT one, then replaced the battery with a 48v downtube one. That would beat any crank-drive and be reliable too.

It's unlikely that the motor would be faulty, so that's the last thing I'd change. At 48v, you'd get all the power you'd need for steep hills, and a much smoother ride.

Reactions: Wayners

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Would you mount the downtube battery on rear rack? Can't go anywhere else I guess @saneagle
Downtube is always the first choice. You can put a battery anywhere you want, but the bike's handling will be worse the higher the battery is and the further it is from the centre of the bike. If you put one on a rear rack, it needs to be as low as possible and as close to the seat post as possible. Nearly every rack battery I see could be 2" lower and 6" further forward. It's better to make your own rack than buy a proprietary one.

Look here if you want to know how to make a rack. See in post #12 how I get the battery so far forward and low:

Reactions: Wayners