A question of magnets?

Adwb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 2, 2022
On a KT lcd3 display section c1 is I assume referring to the pas cadence sensor by the pedal , since mine is on the right and the motor turn in the correct direction I assume I use the left side of the table?
question1 what if the number of magnets on my sensor do not match the table?

question 2 since this is effectively a on off switch only what effect does
a) selecting a greater or less number than the sensor have?

b ) or alternatively would selecting a higher number make the motor cut in more responsive?

I have a 7 speed Shimano hub which to change down on a hill requires a break in pedalling and takes a quarter turn of the pedal before the motor cuts back in.

I know I could use a hand throttle during the gear change but they are illegal in the U.K. so let’s just ignore that option.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Typically one won't find a magnet disc other then 5, 8, 10 or 12 pole.
RHS fitting then yes 00 - 03 are the usual values to select and for LHS 05 -07 .

My Kt kicks in less then 1/4 rotationand is more like 1/8 th.

One can have a throttle as long as it isn't a twist and go, if a pedal first option then it's operation is different. Kt's have apedal first option for a throttle.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Its the highest form of chenglish used for the pas sensor aspect of the manual, way beyond any reasonable non chenglish native to decode imho..

i resorted to trying each option in turn in a trial and error exercise (10 minutes) - no biggy, my own 'research' (google is grand) led me to understand the different sensor types (magnet rings) generate different patterns of pulses which can be distinguished from any errant magnetic signals such as the magnet on a passing front wheel used for speed display, While the magnets may appear to be equidistant from each other, i think some are offset somewhat to provide the unique patterns..

Over on ev though it may be elsewhere?? using an arduino or similar has been used/discussed to intercept the pas signal and slow it down for a reg dodge..