Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
house prices are way inflated esp the last 20 years nothing is selling round here and shared ownership homes are not even being listed anymore as not shifting with 50% reduced.

big bubble goes boom and gold price will skyrocket as it always does :p

so if the 5k was in cash it would be worth 250 bucks because of inflation we got to keep those printers going ;)

and those 2 new builds up the road are still empty and no ones even looking at them there screwed.

next door paid 10k for there council house 20-30 years ago and a guy over the road bought his 5 years ago and paid 96k for it and had to pay to get it bricked up and still has a epc rating off d :rolleyes:

build a house with these :p

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

"John Barnett was found dead in a pickup truck in South Carolina on the exact same day he was due to conclude a closed-door testimony in a lawsuit against Boeing. "

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

"The financial cost of Liz Truss’ disastrous 2022 Mini Budget and the increased mortgage rates that came in its wake has been laid bare today thanks to new data revealing that Londoners are paying an average of £7,500 more a year for their mortgages."

D

Deleted member 16246

"John Barnett was found dead in a pickup truck in South Carolina on the exact same day he was due to conclude a closed-door testimony in a lawsuit against Boeing. "
@ Saneagle.....

Clintons!!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

"The financial cost of Liz Truss’ disastrous 2022 Mini Budget and the increased mortgage rates that came in its wake has been laid bare today thanks to new data revealing that Londoners are paying an average of £7,500 more a year for their mortgages."
So much depends on status though. In August 2023 when those rates were over 6% a London friend buying a London house got a 4.5% mortgage. How come? These plus points made all the difference:

Previous good mortgage record.

He's a serving police officer.

Married.

With a primary school child.

All pointing to stability and reliability.

Compare that to me back in 1967 wanting to buy a home for myself:

I already had a mortgage on the home I was buying for my parents, but only so far with a short mortgage payment record.

Having come out of the army earlier and with only a very unstable employment record.

Single with no children.

It was a big NO everywhere, so all I could get was a commercial mortgage from the Property Owners Building Society at a swingeing 9%.

It didn't matter though since in those days a mortgage could be paid off quickly without paying penalties. I halved it so quickly that I was soon able to switch to a cheaper mortgage and then clear it completely so quickly that I paid very little interest in the end.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
@ Saneagle.....

Clintons!!
I thought this discussion in the video below was quite interesting. I'm on the fence with this one, though I'm pretty sure all the videos of the first visits are fake and they were done in a studio, maybe because they didn't have the technology to livestream for the moon in the 1960s. In the video, they mentioned a few guys that might have been Clintoned.

I'm more intrigued by the story about the 1986 Challenger that blew up after take off. People have found evidence that people with very similar or identical names, who look identical to the crew and are the same sort of age, are alive and kicking and doing the sort of jobs that you might expect, considering their technical training. When you look at the side by side photos of Judith Resnik, the teeth are an exact match, and all the other guys have remarkably similar teeth. If the crew weren't actually on the spaceship, it adds a lot more credence to the fake moonlandings theory. See what you think:

D

Deleted member 16246

I thought this discussion was quite interesting. I'm on the fence with this one, though I'm pretty sure all the videos of the first visits are fake and they were done in a studio, maybe because they didn't have the technology to livestream for the moon in the 1960s. In the video, they mentioned a few guys that might have been Clintoned.

Also, I'm intrigued by the story about the 1986 Challenger that blew up after take off. People have found evidence that people with very similar names, who look identical to the crew and are the same sort of age, are alive and kicking and doing the sort of jobs that you might expect considering their technical training. When you look at the side by side photos of Judith Resnik, the teeth are an exact match, and all the other guys have remarkably similar teeth. See what you think:
I have to go out o the Farmer's Arms for some dinner pretty soon, so I can't watch the video right now, but as for American teeth - it is my impression that people of a certain standing have pretty much all had their teeth 'done' . I don't think there are that many who have the teeth they were actually born with. They are all 'perfect'.

Maybe that's a mistaken impression. THat works both ways across the ocean.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have to go out o the Farmer's Arms for some dinner pretty soon, so I can't watch the video right now, but as for American teeth - it is my impression that people of a certain standing have pretty much all had their teeth 'done' . I don't think there are that many who have the teeth they were actually born with. They are all 'perfect'.

Maybe that's a mistaken impression. THat works both ways across the ocean.
Look at her teeth then come back and tell me what you think.

• :D
Reactions: robert44
D

Deleted member 16246

Look at her teeth then come back and tell me what you think.
What a croc of you know what that video is.... I am saying this as politely as I can.

First off. What motivation could there possibly be for the American national space agency to rig up a deliberate failure of horrific proportions. WHY? Why would they do such a thing and humiliate themselves before the world? I remember very well what a source of pride their space programme was and is. We know what happened there. The rubber gasket seals which sealed sections of the solid rocket boosters made (from memory by National Firecol or did they just make the rubber and ammonium nitrate propellant - can't remember), burned through and the high temperature, ferocious rocket gasses broke through and burned a strut which supported the solid fuel booster rocket, attaching the lower part to the huge oxygen and hydrogen propellant tank of the Space Shuttle. The thing disintegrated and blew up.

Why would it have no crew as your presenters allege? It is mad. Totally bonkers. As crazy as the idea that the Apollo missions never took men to the moon.

We had a huge hoo hah to get to the bottom of the failure. I saw the slow mo videos of a high intensity flame escaping from the affected rocket section and how it burned into the support structure causing it to break and the booster to dive into the huge hydrogen and oxygen storage tank.

That thing blew up violently and the shuttle reusable plane was torn to shreds. The video you referenced claims this was all set up. Why? What is the gain for NASA (humiliated by the exposure of ineptitude) ? What is the gain for the United States Government? Absolutely nothing, and worse - they lost face.

So - next - in order for a conspiracy to work, the conspirators have to be competent enough to conceal what they did and to maintain that concealment. What are the chances that in a massive and expensive conspiracy (with no motivation to create that conspiracy) that they can keep it secret?

Manning blew a massive amount of documents the US government DEFINITELY didn't want to get out. Snowden likewise. A conspiracy of the sort you allege would require that a large number of low level operatives keep that secret. It could not happen.

So - not only do the USA have no motivation to operate this conspiracy, they would not be able to maintain it.

On the other hand, what do the bunch of transparent loons who made the video have to gain......?

Isn't it obvious? Making youtube videos about nonsense pays well if you can get enough gullible folk to watch them. Those with big followings make fortunes of money. They are paid for every person who watches, and it's probably a lot easier and a lot more fun than working for a living.

By the way - those presenters were transparent frauds and con men.

Do I believe any of it? No - not one bit.

Fact:
About forty percent of people are below median intelligence level of IQ100. A significant number are very far below that. These are the people who fall prey to conspiracy theories like this.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: robert44 and POLLY
D

Deleted member 16246

By the way - if the allegation is that the Space Shuttle didn't regularly for 25 years take people into space to do work and launch many satellites and a few space telescopes, how come we are still using the hardware that was put up there. It dominates many of our technologies from GPS to telecommunications as well as space science. This stuff is real.

What astounds me is that there are people who don't believe in the reality that video denies. It is insane.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44 and POLLY

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"This increase is equivalent to a 5p rise for a typical household with one higher rate and one basic rate taxpayer, who would face a combined tax hike worth £2,882 a year."

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
"In March, another Boeing whistleblower, John Barnett took his own life in the midst of a legal action against Boeing. He died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound - though his friends contested this, saying that he told them before 'if anything happens to me, it's not suicide'. "

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
I'm pretty sure all the videos of the first visits are fake and they were done in a studio, maybe because they didn't have the technology to livestream for the moon in the 1960s.
"Engineers reverted to using an earlier mechanical system to produce a small, low power, robust camera. This mechanical system used Scottish innovator John Logie Baird's 'colour field sequential' technology which he first developed in 1928. "

Reactions: POLLY