Wisper 806 Torque Gearing

RichardM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2023
I have recently purchased a secondhand 806 Torque. After replacing the saddle with one more suited to my bottom I am very pleased with it.
However, I find the gearing a bit lower than I would like. It is a 2017 8 speed model. I haven't looked closely to see if it is a freewheel or a cassette but it doesn't look as though it would be possible to fit a replacement with the smallest sprocket having fewer teeth.
The alternative would be to fit a larger chain ring. Again, I haven't looked closely yet. Would this be feasible? I think the chain ring is riveted to the crank, so that would mean replacing the whole crank.
Has anyone done this?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You can go as low as 11T on the top gear. How many teeth do you have? The present one has 7 speed with 14T top gear, so plenty of room for improvement. I might have some 8-speeds if you need one, but definitely no 7 speeds.

Last edited:

RichardM

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2023
You can go as low as 11T on the top gear. How many teeth do you have? The present one has 7 speed with 14T top gear, so plenty of room for improvement. I might have some 8-speeds if you need one, but definitely no 7 speeds.
Thanks. I'll check and get back to you.

Advertisers