Wanted: Dead Qxxx front wheel hub

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Anyone have a front wheel hub motor that is dead that they want to get shot of?

Doesn't matter what is dead internally -- gears, clutch, windings etc. -- as it is the hub itself I want; but the case and bearings should be in good nick.

And it doesn't matter whether it is a Q85, Q100, Q128...

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
What does a Qxxx look like - I have a dead hub motor its a 350w with 26" wheel, I would assume its not what your looking for. Its "dillenger" brand and slightly bigger than the one in my gravatar.

Just checked out youtube it might be what you need - How it died: it just stopped working with "error 3" then I opened it to find the red wire exposed - I am assuming the hall sensors are dead but as far as the bearings and housing it was working smooth with no noises etc before dying.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I was starting to think the number had something to do with the casing size so correct me if i am wrong

a Q100H is just a 36v350w - is there any more info on what the Q's stand for as I have never heard a front hub motor being referred to as a Qxxx before.

I took a circumference measurement of my 250W and my broken 350w when I got my 250w a while back and the 350w was slightly bigger, would this effect what you need if for?

Do you require the wheel and spokes, there are in amazingly good order if not you would have to bear with, as my dexterity is so good in the cold not to mention I would have to figure out how to dismantle it first, I suppose this would be cheaper for posting!

One other point for transparency the axle threads on one side are worn they still work with original flange nuts but do NOT seem to take any other nut of the same spec, either I have cross-threaded it at some point and/or its really cheap nasty metal, I do still have the original nuts!

IMG_20171229_101704.jpg IMG_20171229_101655.jpg IMG_20171229_101720.jpg IMG_20171229_101728.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Qxxx hub range is a BMSBattery designation they give the hub, the Q100/128 range are made by Akiema Souzhu Company China. Elifebike and Greenbikekit both sell them under a different designation. Akiema call them 100/128sx and these are used on Wisper bikes.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
I was starting to think the number had something to do with the casing size so correct me if i am wrong

a Q100H is just a 36v350w - is there any more info on what the Q's stand for as I have never heard a front hub motor being referred to as a Qxxx before.

I took a circumference measurement of my 250W and my broken 350w when I got my 250w a while back and the 350w was slightly bigger, would this effect what you need if for?

Do you require the wheel and spokes, there are in amazingly good order if not you would have to bear with, as my dexterity is so good in the cold not to mention I would have to figure out how to dismantle it first, I suppose this would be cheaper for posting!

One other point for transparency the axle threads on one side are worn they still work with original flange nuts but do NOT seem to take any other nut of the same spec, either I have cross-threaded it at some point and/or its really cheap nasty metal, I do still have the original nuts!

View attachment 22646 View attachment 22647 View attachment 22648 View attachment 22649
From what I can make out, your motor is a MAC motor, which isn't useful to me.

I'm looking for the Q motors specifically as they have certain physical attribute of the case that lends itself to my project.

Thanks though.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Cool - No worries - I did think the internals are different.

Since you know a bit more than me about hub motors...

Hypercritically speaking if my motor broke would a Q motor with the same electrical connection work on my battery and controller, its the system sold by dillenger on their samsung power kit?? mainly due to the price difference

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Hypercritically speaking if my motor broke would a Q motor with the same electrical connection work on my battery and controller, its the system sold by dillenger on their samsung power kit?? mainly due to the price difference
I've no knowledge of motors other than the Q series -- and limited with those -- so I cannot help you.

You need the expertise of D8veh or Neilh to answer that question.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most common sourced hubs (Mxus, Bafang, Akiema, Yose, Xiongda ) etc ,etc.use the standard 8/9 pin motor cable connector if yours is of this type then yes. You can always show us a pic to confirm.

8 pin motor cable means you have to fit an external wheel speed sensor, 9 pins means the hub has an internal hall sensor and magnets for speed sensing both will be for sensored hubs and use sinewave controller. A 3 pin motor cable is for unsensored hub and controller not many use these much though some Bafang's do.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Thanks NJS looks like Nealh stepped in to answer my question - thanks Nealh I thought it might work, mine is 9 pin and I now have a YOSE I would assume mine is a MAC motor, having a bad experience with my first motor makes me constantly on the look out for cheaper ways to replace parts... on that note does any one know of another / cheaper supplier for my PAS? or a compatible one?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Most pas sensors should generally work just a case of making sure the wiring sequence is correct .
OEM PAS sensor usually are the sm3 connector ones, julet end connectors are usually complete kit ones so often you are stuck with kit seller prices unless you get the soldering iron out.

These are $8.19 delivered or about 6 quid and work fine, has sm3 connector so you would need to solder your julet on in the right sequence.
http://www.pswpower.com/peng/iview.asp?KeyID=dtpic-2016-38-4MNT.91FHD

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Spot on Nealh much appreciated - thanks. I was looking at another thread and came to the same conclusion however it is cool to have your expertise to reinforce my thinking. I would assume this a Chinese site and have you used this company/website before??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
PSWPower are kosha to deal with and have used more then BMSBattery, items arrive quite quickly, They also have a shop/presence on Aliexpress and ebay.

If you have hollowtech or gxp B/B you have to mod the disc a little by drilling out the center carefully to go over the outer bearing shells.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Nice one Nealh cheers. That site is full of goodies. At the moment I am just on old school bottom bracket so I should be ok, I do plan to get another bike very soon, got to save them pennies up I spent the last lot on the YOSE kit - Cheers again for your help I feel that I hijacked this thread lol