SATURN 16 MGU PINION MOTOR.GEARBOX.UNIT

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Very tasty, but alas this is the peugeot 108 crowd you're pitching it to.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
like anything if you cant buy parts and service it you dont own it so wee will have to wait and see if peter takes on this motor or not ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If all these so called superior fancy bike brands were as reliable as some purport then why as SW always mentions is this Peter chap always busy. Unreliability and no right to repair has made his buisness grow.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it was not for him my bike would be long dead and they have the brose contract so anything goes wrong under warranty the motors go to him.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
If all these so called superior fancy bike brands were as reliable
No ebike is reliable Neath, be that hub motor or mid drive.
The thing is as some keep saying is the mid drive usually have to go to a place like performance bearings for , if not fixing, more like extending the life from replacing the internal bearings.

We know hub drive can be just as unreliable, as most of those coming here have one problem or another and cant find anyone to fix it for them.

Trying to claim one is more reliable over another is really a fallacy, its not the whole issue.

Most mid drives are superior because the components that make up the whole are superior, and a bike is more than just it's drive system.

A shop built mid drive ebike, off the shelf can enter this race. a shop built off the shelf hub drive would fall to bits in the first 1000 feet of descent. Its mostly a downhill experience, so the motors dont usually come into it

So what makes one more capable over the other ? The level to which its built.

Ebike megavalanche -

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the bbshd on the road can kick my ass of road it suffers from a uncontrolled disassembly of the vehicle :oops:

• :D
Reactions: AndyBike and Az.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Got to love German marketing. They make it sound indestructible. Need to give it to Edie to immerse in **** and ride it through a high mileage Winter. It does look fantastic, and I would love to have a ride on it. That belt tensioner looks a possible weak spot, but what do I know. I am not sure how hard it would be to put a carbon belt back on in the wild if it got knocked off. You might find it hard to de-restrict SW.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not been off the road yet due to reliability issues and suspect d8veh can msotlikely say the same with a simple hub and nice KT torque control set up.

Most hub bike issues that people have are simple ones , the only thing beingis the people who have issues don't know much about maintenance or fault finding.
Unlike mid drive most of these can be fairly easily rectified.