Kalkhoff Agattu: Size: L £925

theorourkes

Just Joined
Aug 16, 2012
This is a fantastic Kalkhoff Agattu (large) that has very limited use (overseas job transfer!). it is incredibly comfortable to ride and has great battery life.

One of the leading authorities on electric bikes in the UK is David Henshaw, editor of the pioneering A to B magazine. He rates Kalkhoff electric bikes as the best on the market, so here's his detailed explanation of why he takes this view:

"Arguably the best crank drive machines are the Kalkhoff Agattu and Pro Connect. The Agattu is an excellent mid-range electric bike - keenly priced, reasonably well equipped, and more or less multi-purpose. Whether you live in the flat Netherlands or mountainous Swiss Alps, this bike will suit you well enough.

Has just been serviced, so new brake pads and general greasing all round.

Please do get in contact if you require further information.

Based in Lincoln.

Edward452

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 3, 2012
Hi

Sorry - a few questions!

Could you say how old the bike is and what the capacity ( think that's the right word) is of the battery? I'm new to the pedelec world, but from my limited googling I think there is more than one 'Aggatu' model? Are the gears within the hub or derailleur? Is it a step through? How many gears does it have?

Lastly - any chance of a photo or two?

I'll go away now!

Thanks

Ian

theorourkes

Just Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Hi Ian,

No problem with the questions:

It was bought from 50cycles in 2010 and has been garaged for a year (my daughter moved to the school i teach at and I couldn't ask her to cycle the 20 mile round trip with me!!)

There are 8 gears and they are in the hub. As you can see from the photos it is a step through, which makes it a lot easier, in my opinion.

All the specs are here:

Assistance: eco 1:0:5 normal 1:1 hi-power 1:1:5
Battery 26v 10 Ah Lithium Manganese Charge time max 5 hours
Cables routed through frame
Front suspension forks
Gears: Shimano Nexus 8 hub gear
Shifter: Shimano twist-grip
Handlebar: Humpert Moon Comfort Cruiser (ergonomic design)
Brakes: Shimano M242 V brakes
Tyres: Continental City Ride on front and back
Front Hub: Shimano 3N20 Dynamo hub
Integrated front & rear lights. (Rear light stays on when stationary).
Colour: Silver

Comes with full set of spare keys, battery and charger.

More details about the 'Rolls Royce' of electric bikes here:

www.cycleshow.co.uk/ExhibitorLibrary/159/50cyclesbrochure_1.pdf

Thanks

Jason

photo-10.jpgphoto-9.jpgphoto-8.jpg

Last edited: