Fantic Ebikes

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I see that 50 Cycles have become a Fantic dealer.

They look nice, but I don't know anything about the brand or the Brose motor. Any opinions?

I think the last Fantic I saw was when I was an apprentice. A colleague had a 50cc Fantic GT with a peashooter exhaust. It had a silencer can resembling two funnels welded back to back.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I see that 50 Cycles have become a Fantic dealer.

They look nice, but I don't know anything about the brand or the Brose motor. Any opinions?

I think the last Fantic I saw was when I was an apprentice. A colleague had a 50cc Fantic GT with a peashooter exhaust. It had a silencer can resembling two funnels welded back to back.
An expansion chamber.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
An expansion chamber.
Strange name for an Ebike, but I suppose that when you are selling to an international market, certain names won't mean anything in some countries.

It's like the Kalkhoff Agattu, the word Agattu means commode in Russian. They won't be selling many Kalkhoff Commodes in the east. Marketing men and women need to be very careful when naming their prodicts.

The Fantic Expansion Chamber, I'll look out for that one.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's like the Kalkhoff Agattu, the word Agattu means commode in Russian. They won't be selling many Kalkhoff Commodes in the east.
Commode can also mean convenient and practical in French or maybe they were thinking of the island?