Ezee Conversion on Specialized Globe Pro - 58cm Frame

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
PHOTOS ON THIS LINK:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SVEpJJY0JePUJiow2

Ezee conversion based on large 58cm frame (I’m 6ft and it’s fine) 2006 Specialized Globe Pro hybrid bike. Bike was just shy of £1000 new in 2006. Has 27 speed XT drive train which is still sweet.

Replaced original rigid carbon fork with air shock with remote lock out and shimano hydraulic front disc brake. It’s quite a heavy bike, especially carrying the spare battery, and the front disc gives the bike far greater stopping power. It also has a suspension seatpost, rack bag, and a pair of very bright front lights with rechargeable battery packs in a small frame bag. Excellent marathon plus ebike specific tyre on rear. Continental touring plus on front. Also double ended spare tube for rear wheel to avoid having to disconnect electrics and remove wheel in case of a puncture.

This is the bike I used for a 350 mile Cornish coastal charity ride three years ago. It just eats up Cornish hills, and has done me proud for many hundreds of miles.

I have three ebikes and am not getting the use out of this very capable hub drive – and I need the space!

I have two samsung celled eZee 14ah batteries including a carry bag for the spare. The advantage of the large frame is that the second battery can be slung below the cross bar. (see photos)

One battery is getting quite tired and, whilst good for 20 miles or so on the second level of assist, will totally fade out momentarily on a steep 20%+ hill after 10 miles or so.

The second newer battery is probably good for 25 miles or so on second level of assist and the cells seem in a considerably better state.

Although eZee are not represented in the UK at present after John’s retirement, the older battery could of course be re-celled by Jimmy at Insat if you wished. I seem to recall Jimmy quoting around £250, but you'd need to check. Anything else needing replacement over a period of time can still be sourced direct from eZee in China. They are very helpful, and I understand they are actively seeking a replacement representative in the UK.

PROS:

Quality bike and componentry

Really gutsy dependable eZee motor

Comfy ride with thumb throttle when needed.

Two batteries, lights, suspension seat post, air suspension fork with lockout, rack, bag, mudguards, hefty stand.

CONS:

Batteries not in the first flush of youth

Handlebar power display did crack at the back sometime ago and has been repaired with araldite and seems as strong as it was originally.

Bike would have to be collected and I live WAY DOWN in deepest Cornwall just the far side of Truro.

That’s about it I think. Thanks for reading all this. I’d like it to go to a good home.

Looking for £395 ovno.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Can't believe this hasn't sold yet. I have the same led unit, it also cracked has been repaired with self amalgamating tape and has gone 2 years no probs. A battery recell from Jimmy would be 2-300 pounds then you'd have a bike that could climb the steepest hill you want to throw it at. If I was in the market I'd have it at 350 - bargain!

Reactions: falmouthtony

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Can't believe this hasn't sold yet. I have the same led unit, it also cracked has been repaired with self amalgamating tape and has gone 2 years no probs. A battery recell from Jimmy would be 2-300 pounds then you'd have a bike that could climb the steepest hill you want to throw it at. If I was in the market I'd have it at 350 - bargain!
Maybe a bit to do with being at the far south western tip of the country ;)
Take care.