custom commuter eBike 250w, 11ah battery, hand built wheels.

Mr Frames

Just Joined
Mar 31, 2018
london
Hi,

I'm selling my eBike

I'm a bike mechanic & I built this bike up 2 years ago so I could have something to get me to work in the winter. I rode it for around 6 months, then started using my road bike again once the weather got better & have ridden it a few dozen times since.

I chose all the parts for a balance between weight, comfort and durability, and they are all good quality. I've just given it a service, and replaced the saddle and the headset. The battery I built myself, And I've given it a full check. It is well balanced & has 80% of it's original capacity at 400wh/ 11ah. The bike is set up with Shimano Deore LX 9s gears & hand built durable commuter wheels with Deore LX hubs. I also fitted marathon plus tires to avoid punctures. For more info & pictures see my Gumtree listing:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/custom-commuter-ebike-500w-mid-drive-motor-400wh-battery-hand-built-wheels-marathon-plus-tyres/1292866427

The eBike system is The Bafang 8fun bbs01 from 2 years ago. It has 3 pedal assist levels, and a throttle. It is road legal and is a very good system. When I wanted to go faster I used to set it up so that the speedometer magnet was on the crank. I found that I would average around 18mph on my commutes, whilst the bike would happily cruise at around 20mph on the flat.

I'm 5'6" and the bike fits me perfectly. It would probably suit someone +- 3 inches.

It's been a pet project of mine, but now I need the space & don't ride it enough to justify keeping it, I'm sure it could be put to better use by someone else.

I'm looking for £700, but open to offers.

Based in london. Happy to post, but not sure of the specifics of shipping an eBike. Maybe someone can give me some advice in that regard.