Bafang BBS01 250w mid-drive and 9aH Bottle Battery Road legal

efroome

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 15, 2017
stafford
I built this up laster year just before winter and have only managed approx 390miles due to the weather. The motor and battery will still be covered under warranty with the unit being only 6months old. Here is a video of the bike running through the various Pedal Assist modes and gears at over 30mph:

The bike itself is an upgraded carrera TDF with new Shimano wheels, new gears, a new Genesis handle bar and a Fizik Saddle. The Bafang Mid-Drive is by far the best UK road legal e-bike motor and with this lightweight setup I don't think you will get a faster road legal e-bike. The mid-drive itself gives you a far better normal bike experience over the cheaper wheel hub options. If you don't want high speeds the bike will easily give you 50miles in eco mode.

Bafang warranty:
http://www.bafang-e.com/en/service/warranty-policy.html

The kit is a BBS01 250w which is road legal. If you want to ride off-road the 15.5mph top speed can be removed using the LCD control panel. I have this limit turned off at the moment and as you can see from the video it runs at over 30mph in top gear. I average over 20mph on my 24mile commute and that includes junctions, traffic lights and hills !

It comes with the battery charger and the receipt to validate your warranty. The Bafang motor and battery was £700 when I bought it in September.

Ebay listing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263571123905?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Thanks, for looking please feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

GMc

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2015
Hi, What size is the frame please and how much are you asking?
many thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
AH, I thought this said " This is now sold", and went and bought something else. Wondered why it was still on ebay!

The power of a question mark...
Need to learn to read properly !!!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
If it makes you feel any better Windy - I kinda thought it said "this is now sold" however I was a bit perplexed on why someone apart from the the OP had posted it! :confused::rolleyes: or well its a bank hol lol

With regards to the bike + motor its very very cheap a quick look on aliexpress the cheapest I could quickly find was around $465 for battery and motor, then you get a bike too o_O (soz emoji's are a bit limited)